MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 44-55

3.4

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how this loose powder doesn't show any of my fine lines and wrinkles, but if i use too much you can get a ghosty look on your face and i also noticed that you can't take pictures with this powder at nightime or indoors with a flash because white lines will show up all over your face on the phots. so if you use this powder i would recommend it for day use and put it on lightly and it works well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm not feeling this product. I'd much rather use my MAC Loose Blot Powder. This stuff is too pricey, you have to be very careful with the amount you use (or you WILL get somewhat of a whitish cast) and, because it's 100% silica, it is *so* fine that I feel like I'm wasting it when I use it, as it floats all through the atmosphere. To top it off, I don't notice it keeping shine away like I expected it to.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm glad I got the smaller trial size of this finishing powder (y'know the tempting little sizes they have luring you when you're in the lineup at Sephora?). It's an okay setting powder but in my experience, it's no better than MAC's Prep and Prime and it costs quite a bit more for what, on me at least, is the same end result. I've also heard (though not experienced it myself) that this powder gives that dreaded ghostly "flash-back" effect if worn for flash photography. I hope they've changed the packaging because even on the full size, it was awful - nothing to close off the holes/sifter so not practical at all when travelling. Anyway, it's a good product (make sure you use it very sparingly....same applies to MAC) and if you are really into MUFE, get this but if you want to save your pennies, MAC is a better purchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this well enough to use it off an on for a couple of years (still have the original container). The pluses for me are that it does not emphasize pores or lines. Honestly, more than anything else,I've used it under my eyes to keep my eye makeup from traveling. I have the Laura Mercier brightening powder, but it really seemed no different than using MUFE Hi Def. I use the Laura Mercier brush that is intended for the brightening powder, and just touch it to the inside of the lid of either powder, and gently pat under the eyes. I've still got so much of both of these left in the container after several years, I don't think I could ever run out. But, if I did, I would not repurchase.

It is not really useful as a blot powder at all. All in all its just an okay powder, nothing particularly wrong with it.and does not compare to Chantecaille or Guerlain loose powder. When comparing it to Chanel, Chanel gives a more matte finish, and I think would emphasize dryness much more. (For example, I would never have used the Chanel under my eyes).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was soooo excited to get this powder. After seeing it on an infomercial and reading the reveiws here and on other sites I was sure it was going to be amazing. Well luckily I got just a little travel size jar because I'm very disappointed and likely won't even use the small bit that I have. The first time I applied it I put it on just like any other powder. Swirled a big fluffy brush in it and swept it over my face...Oh my God!! The white was horrible, I looked like death..haha. So after a couple of more tries I finally got used to picking up just the tiniest little bit and brushing that on. Well it was much better but still bad. Funny how some people don't have problems with the color and others do. No matter how little and how lightly I apply this I still end up looking dull and grayish. I have medium olive/yellow skin and this powder completely removes any natural glow from my face and makes me look older somehow. Still I've been trying to use it in other ways. I have under eye bags and any shine at all there makes the problem look worse so i've been applying a tiny ( I mean super tiny) bit of this powder there and a tiny bit in the area from my nose to my mouth as shine there also looks bad. Then I brush my mineral veil over the rest of my face and that seems to work well. On the bright side, the little teeny tiny amounts of this that I use will likely make this travel size jar last my entire lifetime.

My low rating is not for the product itself (which I actually like), but becasue MUFE is ripping us off. You can get over EIGHT TIMES the amount of this EXACT SAME product for $4.00 from Coastal Scents. Yes, it is exactly the same: pure silica powder. (buy the powder and also sifter jar for 89 cents, to even recreate the exact packaging).

Silica powder is pretty amazing stuff, with some caveats. You need to use it sparingly and buff it in well, or you can get a whitish cast. This is especially true with flash photography. It is silica powder that caused the now infamous Nicole Kidman white powder face incident.

Silica powder is great for setting under eye concealer as it won't settle into fine lines like talc-based powders. But again, ladies, less is more and don't forget to buff.

It also works really well UNDER make-up, as a primer. I know, it sounds weird, but try it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I will admit there is a trick to using the product - I got mine after a makeover at Sephora. I usually take my powder brush and tap the product on my face. The only real issue that I have with this is, I think the top should be more bowl shaped (like Bare Minerals packaging). I think that I'm going to buy a refillable brush for this. Anyway, I'm an oily girl and I get through most of my day without blotting. Would purchase this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder has become my new HG. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and have a problem with powders being too yellow or dark for me. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and absolutely DO NOT want a powdery finish to my face.

MUFE HD Loose Powder wins on all counts. It blends in perfectly with my foundation (MUFE HD Liquid, 110) doesn't turn yellow or cake.

Yes, it's expensive, but so little goes such a long way that a jar really ought to last you several months. If you are looking cakey or ghostly with this stuff, you may be using too much. I work a *tiny* amount - about the size of a split pea - into my kabuki brush and that does it for my whole face. Use a big brush and apply with a light hand. You will look lovely and the jar will last and last.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm really borderline on this. It was an impulse buy before a party.

Pros:
Super fine. Doesn't turn cakey or ashey. Made foundation more matte (pro and con).

Cons:
I actually bought pure silica powder for about $2 - same amount.

I use SKII or Armani fluid so my skin didn't benefit from the "airbrushing" - sometimes it turned "dewey" into "flat".
Main reason I decided to keep this is the jar. Not the greatest packaging, but my $2 silica powder is in a ziploc bag. continued >>