Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.9

100 silica

For the price and hype I was unimpressed with this product. Messy and my skin felt a bit itchy. Also made my face feel very dry :(

This product is 100% Silica powder therefore Talc-free.
I read the previous review stating that silica is super dangerous but it quotes a site for Health & Safety in construction which I didn't think could be the same material used in cosmetics so I searched for more information and found this to be pretty informative.

All these dangerous chemicals on our faces is stressful, obviously I'd prefer to go make-up free everyday but my skin is blemished with Rosacea, broken veins, open pores, uneven skin-tone, oiliness etc. etc. from even before I used make-up or cosmetics.

Anyway this powder is pretty good I think, maybe it is causing a few spots I can't be sure as I'm also using a new sunscreen - BioDerm Matte 30SPF.
I found this powder gives my makeup a more natural finish than any other powder I've tried.
If you're interested in trying it, get the small pot from Sephora and apply with a soft brush or, if you need extra smoothing, pore-filling results, pat on with a powder puff or pad.

I also mixed it with my BareMinerals powder ( BM in Original which has a lot of sheen to it so it balances out )

This is a great mattifying powder that is super silky and goes on like a dream! When I use this I can definitely see a difference in the way my makeup looks and lasts, and I do stay matte for hours longer than if I used a regular face powder.

I had a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and I am nowhere near finishing it yet, you really dont need much of this. It is so finely milled that breathing in the powder when applying is always a risk, and it does tend to fly everywhere. But despite this minor issue, this is a great powder and I will certainly consider buying a full size when my sample size is finished.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This keeps me matte and looking flawless, making my pores invisible. I use a baby kabuki with the small pot. No breakouts or clogged pores.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Total HG. I've worn this powder every day since I first discovered it several years ago. My #1 most important product in my very well-stocked makeup arsenal.

This powder is the best I ever had. It doesn't show that you have it on. Make sure that you don't put too much on. A bit pricy, but totally worth the money!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

Maybe it's because I have a dry skin, but it really doesn't add anything to the overall look of my makeup. Sometimes it accentuates my dry patches which is awful and really far away from the smooth finish I expected.I regret buying it. Maybe it works better for oily skin types. I will try it again in summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore this product. I buy the smaller jar of this, it's .14oz now, I think it used to be .19oz. The packaging is great, you can throw it in your makeup bag without it spilling and losing a bunch of product.

For the price, it lasts very long...three or four months for the small size. I love the way it smooths everything out.

My biggest concern when I purchased this was that it would leave white all over my face in the event a flash photo was taken of me. I had read that a lot of places and even seen it in celebrity photos. They must be doing it wrong...because this doesn't happen. It simply doesn't with this powder.

I will buy this over and over. I bought it because I read that translucent powder doesn't "add volume" to your face. Perfect, no caking. It has one ingredient and doesn't clog my pores. Love!

I only use this products in spring and summertime, since my skin is far too dry during the colder months. Oily skin isn't maybe the biggest problem of mine, but I like to swirl this on because it leaves your skin all soft and velvety ...a truly luxurious feeling.

This powder works fine but the pricing is absolutely ridiculous, considering how small amount the jar contains. Love the packaging though. No spill whatsoever:)