MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 44-55

100 silica

Perfection. I hate glittery, sparkly, makeup and think it looks terrible on older woman. If you want a matte look like so many of the magazines show, then this is for you. Skin routine of the month: Dermalogica line.

Was Using Lancome Dual Finishing Powder and wonder why at 55,, my pores were gigantic. Turns out it has mineral oil in it or something. Using Dior Nudeskin in Neutral Beige or Guerlain Parure Extreme in Beige Moyen foundation. Alternate with L'Oreal Absolut Foundation in Sun Beige to save money (actually a really good product).

Dab and blend a little Clinque cream stick blush on cheek bones.

#1 SECRET TO USING THIS
I found that if you only open the cellophane protection a tiny bit (ONLY LEAVING 2 HOLES FOR PRODUCT TO COME Out) and leave it on, you can have way more control over how much product comes out.

2). Shake and turn upside down and there should be only a few specks of white powder in lid of jar. No spillage at all.

3) Take your big old brush(Eco brush for 6.00 works great) that you only use for finishing powder and BEFORE you put your mascara and eyebrow makeup on- dip brush in the few little specks of powder in lid.

4) Over your finished foundation and blush - use big, soft, circular motions over entire face. Repeat 2 or 3x.

5) your face should NOT be white from the powder

6)Apply eyebrow makeup and mascara. (Eyeshadow and liner already applied)

7) Apply a little bit of powder blush on your cheekbones if you so desire and your lipstick.
Done.
If you have ever been instructed how to use Bare Mineral Veil (highly allergic to) you put this on much the same way. If your face has any white on it from product, you are using way too much.
The look is as close to perfection when all is said and done on my face at least.. I just love this product. It is finely milled. I tried Laura Mercier's similar finishing powder and not the same. Ingredients in the ELF finishing powder that everyone is raving about: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Silica
The MUF finishing powder list the ingredients: Silica. Afraid to use Elf due to highly sensitive skin, I don't think something with Vinyl in it would be too good.
You can get the $15 dollar travel size at JC Pennys sephora store and it should last a long time if you follow the above directions. Don't know how to describe it but that my makeup looks, well, "finished" and last all day with this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great product. Completely invisible to the eye and does not accentuate your lines at all. You can put a tone on your face and still not being able to see it. The only con I found is the smell. It does smell chalky and a bit of a glamourous scent would make it even better.

My low rating is not for the product itself (which I actually like), but becasue MUFE is ripping us off. You can get over EIGHT TIMES the amount of this EXACT SAME product for $4.00 from Coastal Scents. Yes, it is exactly the same: pure silica powder. (buy the powder and also sifter jar for 89 cents, to even recreate the exact packaging).

Silica powder is pretty amazing stuff, with some caveats. You need to use it sparingly and buff it in well, or you can get a whitish cast. This is especially true with flash photography. It is silica powder that caused the now infamous Nicole Kidman white powder face incident.

Silica powder is great for setting under eye concealer as it won't settle into fine lines like talc-based powders. But again, ladies, less is more and don't forget to buff.

It also works really well UNDER make-up, as a primer. I know, it sounds weird, but try it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OHHHH MY GOODNESS!!!! Where has this stuff been all my life? I'm honestly in a state of absolute shock! This is the most amazing, loveliest face powder of all time.....

I walked into Sephora looking for Hourglass finishing powder. I started using it recently after having received a generous sample of it, and I really like it. My Sephora didn't have it, and the sales clerk introduced me to this. She told me they can't keep it in stock and I can see why.

I loved it the moment I tried it, but all too often, I adore something in the store, take it home, and well..... Not this time. Everytime I use this, I marvel at how gorgeous my skin looks and feels. In fact, more often than not, I don't use any foundation at all - just a very thin layer of Monistat Chafing Powder Gel and a dusting of this. My skin looks great in the morning and just as great at dinner time and THAT has been the case through the hellish month of August.

Some mua'ers commented that at $30, this is a pricey item. I don't think so. In fact, I'd happily pay twice that price. HAPPILY !

Video Reviews & Tutorials