Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.8

100 silica

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For my skin tone (nc30), I think this gives a slight whitish cast. And maybe it's good for occasions but not for everyday since it appears Cakey and makes it obvious that you have makeup on. Had a photo shop like effect (mattifies and blur out) so I am glad I got a sample size version only since I don't think I will use it often. And the packaging makes it hard to pick up product. Not recommended as a daily product or those who like a natural / dewy glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For someone that has very oily skin, this is a HG!!

My skin starts to get oily less than half an hour after washing my face and shiny oily after an hour, but when I used this to set my makeup my face was matte for at least 3 hours + sweating!! I'm not sure if it would stay matte for longer than that as I used it when I was out at a party and I didn't stay long. It however still impressed me because I haven't found a product which kept my oily skin at bay for longer than half an hour. My face was very smooth as well when I used this.

However I didn't give a full 5/5 as I looked slightly pale in photos with this powder on, but it isn't too big of a problem for me.

Basically,
pros:
-keeps oily skin matte. highly recommended for people with oily skin
-makes skin velvety smooth
-product lasts long
-makeup stayed on well
-doesn't break me out
-doesn't feel heavy/make my skin look cakey
cons:
-slightly pricey
-gave a pale complexion

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Im not sure about the packacing because how tight I close it, its always a mess when I open and that makes me sad but definitely a useful and a making me wonderful product. I set my makeup and especially concealer with this powder and it never looks wrong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bar far the best powder I have ever used. Makes your skin feel like silk from when you put it on till when you take it off. A little powder goes a long way. Worth every penny and has been my go to powder since 2010!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i recetnly started using this product. A coworker told me about it so i went out and bought it and i fell inlove with it, it works amazing! It lasts all day doesnt make my face shiny or oily like my other powder would.

I started using this translucent powder as a cheaper alternative to my Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, as I wanted something that wasn't as heavy and I heard great things about how lightweight and fine this powder is. It definitely does hold true to the fine texture claims but I do find it can wash out my half asian skin SLIGHTLY. Nevertheless I continue to use it as it is so fine and helps me control my oily skin. I've never had any of the issues people have mentioned with flash photography and I'm generally not sparing when I apply it so I'm not really sure why that is. I think what keeps me coming back is just how easily it glides on to my skin, however I'd love it had a bit more coverage.

Flawless, invisible finish!

Despite my notorious cheapness, Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder has become an essential and permanent fixture in my little makeup box. :) It is worth every penny!

No more shiny face by mid-morning, even on sunny days... this powder has been consistent in keeping shine at bay and delivering a translucent, flawless finish, be it over foundation or even just my moisturizer. Love and will continue to buy!

Absolutely awful. I visited Sephora one day to see if I could find a finishing powder that rivals MAC's prep and prime, and was recommended MUFE HD loose powder.

Every single I wore it, it emphasized dry patches I didn't even know I had and did not do ANYTHING in terms of oil control or keeping my makeup looking fresh. Terrible product overall!