Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

4.5

100 silica

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin is combo, acne prone. I use this to set my makeup every single day. I have dark skin and yes, I only use this during the day because it will flashback at night :) It look amazing during the day and gives a natural, flawless. finish that is never cakey. At night I use my MUFE compact in Chocolate/218 to set my makeup.

My combo, textured skin does not like talc at all, and this is one of the very few high quality loose powders that is talc free and silica based. The finish is AMAZING, conceals pores, absorbs oil, sets makeup very well. It is gentle, not full of crazy ingredients and is just awesome. I prefer to apply it with a medium size fluffy brush. You can adjust though - a beauty blender or velour powder puff will apply it heavier for a SUPER matte finish that can last for 7+ hours.

I'm glad they made the container wider, but you get less product for more $$. However, it lasts a long time.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I completely forgot that I had this product in my makeup case. I just started using it again along with Sephora Anti-Shine Primer and I'm in love again! Because the powder is so white and can make my brown skin look ashy and dull, I put a bit on my brush and then mix it with my regular Bronze/Brown pressed powder for a perfect matte finish. I highly recommend this product if your face turns into an oil slick within minutes after applying make up. I can get a good 3-4 hours before I need to blot my face. Thumbs up!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and small. It works just fine in my T zone where I don't want shine and to set concealer.

I have dry skin and do not use it to absorb oil

A nice thin transparent powder. Found ELF to be the same (LOL)

Got in the sample size, still not done. Like the tiny container and keep it in my make up bag as it comes in handy and doesn't take up too much space.

I then can refill when done, probably will go with ELF

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have very, very oily skin with huge pores on my cheeks. Attractive right? Haha. Well this stuff helps tons in controlling oil when used BEFORE putting on foundation and a small amount after. I recommend using a cosmetic sponge to lightly press into the skin or a dense brush. That helps to fill in the pores. Just be careful not to use too much. A white cast is never cute, especially on us dark skinned beauties.
Oh, and be practical and purchase the smaller container. It lasts for several months, even with everyday use.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this for about a year and a half hoping it would do what it claimed, but no avavil. I have oily skin and even with a silicone primer, milk of magnesia, and revlon cs foundation, this didnt really get my makeup to last any longer or look any better, nor did it control oil that well. My face still gets oily within the same amount of time that it would without it. My maykeup doesnt look ne better, in fact it looks worse. I use this sparingly with a powder brush and only use it on my t-zone, but still, a ghost like appearance. I swapped it and will never buy again. Im sure there are better setting powders out there.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For reference I am NC50/NW45. I read reviews by women of color that it looked like flour on their faces. I figured that perhaps they used the wrong brushes or applied too much. I went to Sephora and requested a sample. I applied it almost like the mineral makeup method (swirl and tap) and it worked! I used it over my foundation and it looked immediately polished. I went back to purchase full size and the SAs at Sephora we so excited of my purchase you thought I was purchasing from their personal collection. The price is steep and I usually don't shrug at prices so it will pay for itself many times over. Dark skins sistahs, do not be imitated by the transclent color. With a light hand/right brush, it will work!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Why didn't I try this sooner?! This is my new found HG setting powder. I have always used my BE Mineral Veil and I thought that it would give the same appearance, WRONG! The HD powder gave a different look. My face appeared soft almost flawless as if my face as airbrushed. I bought the smaller bottle because it was half the price of the full size but the next time I re-up I will definitely get the full size. The only challenge that I had with the bottle is that the cap was too small for me to dip my brush in but I changed the container out for a bigger loose powder container which is also sold at sephora for $4.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I haven't done a review in a while, but I had to write one for this product! It is truly amazing! I have the most oily skin in the world, and I have tried so many different foundations and powders, only to have to blot, use oil mattifiers, etc. in less than four hours. When I put on this powder, I don't blot for the whole day. I do get some shine after eight hours, but it registers as that gorgeous "dewy" look.
This product is translucent. I was skeptical because I have dark skin and this powder is stark white, but using a light hand, this powder will be invisible on the skin.
I pour a small amount of powder into the lid, then use a fluffy powder brush to pick it up. I shake off the excess, then firmly press the powder all over my face. This gives a soft focus, non-powdery look that is really good for me, as I have terrible skin texture and pores.
If you have problems with a powdery look with this product, I highly recommend using Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to take some of that away.
The only con I have about this product is the price, but for beautiful looking skin, I think it's worth it. Plus, you can get a small size that will last a long time for $15 at Sephora.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Great setting powder that works well to fill in fine lines and leave you looking FLAWLESS!

Lokks sorta "ghostly" when first applied but within minutes you will look airbrushed!!!!

I wouldn't but again because there is no way I could use all this goodness up!

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I will admit there is a trick to using the product - I got mine after a makeover at Sephora. I usually take my powder brush and tap the product on my face. The only real issue that I have with this is, I think the top should be more bowl shaped (like Bare Minerals packaging). I think that I'm going to buy a refillable brush for this. Anyway, I'm an oily girl and I get through most of my day without blotting. Would purchase this again.