Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this years ago and used it as a setting powder until I got annoyed with trying to get the powder out and onto my brush. I decided to start using it again on a whim a few weeks ago and started to use it to bake my concealer under my eyes and other areas in my t-zone that get shiny. I loved it. My undereye area felt silky and my pores almost disappeared on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. Then I took a picture with a flash and saw the flashback. It looked horrible. I wish that it didn't do that. I don't get my picture taken every day, but I also don't want to try to find something else that works as well, but doesn't have a flashback.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder just did not live up to the hype for me. I had been wanting to try it forever, since I'd heard so many glowing reviews of it, and I was lucky enough to snag a deluxe sample of it with my Sephora points. So fortunately I didn't spend any money on it.

I just thought the product wasn't very good. I tried it with three different foundations, and it produced the same effect with all of them -- a grainy, messy, sickly-looking finish. I was expecting to have a smooth, porcelain finish, but instead this left me looking like I had stuck my face into white sand. Not smooth at all. On the plus side, it didn't irritate my skin, nor did it dry me out. I just thought it wasn't very good. Will not be purchasing.
Maybe it's because, like another reviewer below who had a similar experience, I am extremely fair -- perhaps the whiteness of the powder made me look washed out and even more pale? I don't know. I had much better luck with Clinique's loose powder -- that made my face look very smooth and even. But this one, not so much. Disappointed by this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I live in south Florida (hot & humid) and my face is combination, acne-prone, and sensitive. Before trying this product, I used a MUFE HD foundation with MAC powder over it. I saw a smaller size of this available near the checkout counter at Sephora for $16 so I decided to try it because I suspected my MAC powder was making me break out. Now, this is my holy grail setting powder. It matches any skin tone because it is translucent. I find that it manages the oilier spots on my face and doesn't make the dryer parts stand out. It makes my makeup last all day (at least 10 hours) and keeps my skin looking flawless because it sets the liquid foundation very well. I like the packaging because I tap a little bit of the powder into the lid and use a big fluffy brush to apply from there. The smaller container I bought has lasted me almost a year and it looks as though I have used almost half of it. I definitely recommend this and will keep buying this myself.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this powder; it sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my T-zone shine free for hours. It is a finely milled powder and goes on easily, but it will initially make you look like a ghost. I just use another larger brush and really work the powder into my skin.....that gets rid of the white color and seems to really set my foundation. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know why this product got so many low ratings i really love it. I use it with my MUFHD foundation and it really works well. It dosent give me a ghostly glow in flash photography. Actually i did test that theory out before i bought it and i didn't see any kind of white cast, Overall i think its a really great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.