MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 44-55

3.3

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how this loose powder doesn't show any of my fine lines and wrinkles, but if i use too much you can get a ghosty look on your face and i also noticed that you can't take pictures with this powder at nightime or indoors with a flash because white lines will show up all over your face on the phots. so if you use this powder i would recommend it for day use and put it on lightly and it works well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm glad I got the smaller trial size of this finishing powder (y'know the tempting little sizes they have luring you when you're in the lineup at Sephora?). It's an okay setting powder but in my experience, it's no better than MAC's Prep and Prime and it costs quite a bit more for what, on me at least, is the same end result. I've also heard (though not experienced it myself) that this powder gives that dreaded ghostly "flash-back" effect if worn for flash photography. I hope they've changed the packaging because even on the full size, it was awful - nothing to close off the holes/sifter so not practical at all when travelling. Anyway, it's a good product (make sure you use it very sparingly....same applies to MAC) and if you are really into MUFE, get this but if you want to save your pennies, MAC is a better purchase.

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is amazing! When properly applied (I use a kibuki brush) and used sparingly, it finishes your face so that your makeup lasts throughout the day. It's my new HG powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great product. Completely invisible to the eye and does not accentuate your lines at all. You can put a tone on your face and still not being able to see it. The only con I found is the smell. It does smell chalky and a bit of a glamourous scent would make it even better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I totally agree with Adriana265's review. I bought the sample-sized jar of this at Sephora for $15 because of all the hype, and it just wasn't worth it at all. I am really surprised at how this powder performs so differently than MAC's Prep & Prime transparent face powder when they both have similar ingredients. The Prep & Prime blurs out my pores and keeps my foundation in place and shine-free throughout the day. This HD Loose powder feels chalky on my face, but it doesn't keep the oil on my T-zone under control for very long. It also seems to make a small "smoke puff" in the air when I tap my brush into it, and I worry about accidentally inhaling it. My MAC P&P powder does NOT do this... matter of fact, no other powder I've ever owned did that to me before. (I find it kind of creepy.) I don't know what makes this powder inferior to other silica powders that I've tried, but this is. I'm sorry I wasted money on this instead of just sticking with MAC. I would never buy this powder again. It doesn't keep my makeup "set," either. The shine comes thru on my nose and cheeks as if I didn't use any powder at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this well enough to use it off an on for a couple of years (still have the original container). The pluses for me are that it does not emphasize pores or lines. Honestly, more than anything else,I've used it under my eyes to keep my eye makeup from traveling. I have the Laura Mercier brightening powder, but it really seemed no different than using MUFE Hi Def. I use the Laura Mercier brush that is intended for the brightening powder, and just touch it to the inside of the lid of either powder, and gently pat under the eyes. I've still got so much of both of these left in the container after several years, I don't think I could ever run out. But, if I did, I would not repurchase.

It is not really useful as a blot powder at all. All in all its just an okay powder, nothing particularly wrong with it.and does not compare to Chantecaille or Guerlain loose powder. When comparing it to Chanel, Chanel gives a more matte finish, and I think would emphasize dryness much more. (For example, I would never have used the Chanel under my eyes).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm really borderline on this. It was an impulse buy before a party.

Pros:
Super fine. Doesn't turn cakey or ashey. Made foundation more matte (pro and con).

Cons:
I actually bought pure silica powder for about $2 - same amount.

I use SKII or Armani fluid so my skin didn't benefit from the "airbrushing" - sometimes it turned "dewey" into "flat".
Main reason I decided to keep this is the jar. Not the greatest packaging, but my $2 silica powder is in a ziploc bag. continued >>

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is a lovely powder, but it is simply silica powder. You can buy the same thing yourself for pennies. Total rip-off (gasp NO! makeup?!? A RIPOFF??)

I will not repurchase. I bought some plain silica powder, and added some silk and pearl powder to it. These have some soothing and healing properties.

I'm a DIYer, though. Almost always.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just got this in a nice travel size from Sephora Frequent Buyer's program because it sounded great -- and I'm happy to say it just might be simply amazing. I've been looking for a sheer foundation for the Spring/Summer here in Los Angeles, as our weather is very demanding and I need totally dif stuff for our two seasons (yes, two).

Sephora's website says that this one shade fits all translucent powder is pure silica, which is chemically very benign and neutral. It really does diffuse light and make my complexion look lovely and soft, without any foundation. I just use it over my moisturizer, and it's smooth smooth smooth. I'll have to go back and investigate the full size and the complete ingredients, but for 5 days or so, I"ve been loving this!