MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 19-24

3.7

100 silica

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like the HD powder in the sense that it does not give me a white cast, sets my makeup nicely and provides a matte finish. I have combo/oily skin and I need a powder that can set my liquid foundation so I don't turn into a grease ball, and this powder prevents greasiness and shine overall, but there are also a few qualities about this product that I really don't like.
For starters, the packaging is absolutely atrocious and hard to work with. You would think that since MUFE asks the consumers to pay so much for their products that they could at least provide some decent, easy to work with packaging, but no, that is not the case. The powder does not come out easily, and when it does, it is often too much, so the expensive product you paid for is partially going to waste. I ended up taking the sifter off the top so now I can just put my makeup brush directly in the container, which makes it easier, but is still a little cumbersome because of the awkwardly small width of the packaging that isn't wide enough for most powder brushes.
Another complaint I have is if applied too liberally, this powder can settle into fine lines and accentuate dry spots easily. I don't use this around my eye area to lightly set my concealer because, even when applied very sparingly, it settles into every fine line in my eye area, so I use another light setting powder, which is annoying because the MUFE HD powder should be fine and silky enough to not settle into lines as much as it does.
If you have normal-dry skin and/or mature/aged skin, this powder will probably not be the best for you due to its tendency to settle around dry spots and wrinkles/fine lines. If you have skin that tends to be on the oily side, this powder might work well at setting your foundation and providing an even, matte finish, but use conservatively because too much of this can make you look cakey and dry. When used correctly, I like the look this powder gives my skin, but due to the inconvenient packaging and the dry spot and fine line accentuation, I won't be repurchasing. There are much more affordable setting powders available that provide the same, if not better, results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

I only use this products in spring and summertime, since my skin is far too dry during the colder months. Oily skin isn't maybe the biggest problem of mine, but I like to swirl this on because it leaves your skin all soft and velvety ...a truly luxurious feeling.

This powder works fine but the pricing is absolutely ridiculous, considering how small amount the jar contains. Love the packaging though. No spill whatsoever:)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Been using this powder for about 6 months and I'm truly obsessed! I use it quite heavily but there's still loads of it left in the jar. Totally worth the money. I use it after applying foundation, but before bronzer/blush. It's great for setting your under-eye concealer as well. It helps with smoothing out my visible pores and doesn't break me out at all.
Only downside I can see with this powder is that it isn't great at controlling oil. It doesn't allow you to become super oily, but maybe just a bit TOO dewy after a couple of hours. Other than that - really great product!! Will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm sure you could find a cheaper dupe for this (NYX has one) as it's just silica powder. I've been using the smaller size for 2 years now, every time I wear makeup and I don't think I'll ever get through it. I've used this on my whole face a couple times, but I prefer it for my under eyes. Although beware for flash photography - I had a picture of me with the powder showing up under my eyes.. not a good look. I must've been a little heavy handed. I like it for under my eyes because it's so finely milled so it doesn't cake up & it makes my concealer not crease. This is a staple in my makeup routine.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. It has some great qualities, but some not so great qualities as well.

PROS
-Since this powder is 100% silica, it does not look like it's "sitting" on the face (AS LONG AS YOU BLEND IT PROPERLY AND APPLY SPARINGLY), nor does it exaggerate fine lines, pores etc. It is super soft and leaves a velvety finish.
- Even though it has no pigmentation, it leaves your face with a gorgeous satin finish, and seems to add an over-all soft-focus look to your face, blurring out imperfections.
-Talc free

CONS
-Doesn't really do much to control oil.
-It can very easily leave a white cast. You have to apply this VERY sparingly and blend it out well. I had it on for hours until I finally saw myself in proper lighting and realized my whole face looked extremely chalky. I recommend applying this in natural light.
-Difficult packaging

It's okay, but not worth the hype or the money. The jar has .35 ounces of product, making this $85 an OUNCE! Lots of other brands (such as Coastal Scents for example) sell silica powders that do the same job for much cheaper.

TIP: This isn't my favorite powder ever, but I do love it for setting under eye concealer because it does not settle into fine lines and seems to blur out any that I do have. To me, this is way better for under eye concealer than for foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this product. I bought it on a whim, after hearing how flawless it made peoples' faces look, but then instantly regretted it reading the problems that so many people seem to have wearing it for flash photography.

However, I absolutely adore this product. It makes my face appear so flawless, and I've used translucent powders before, but with this I only have to touch up my t-zone, maybe once throughout the entire day. My makeup stays put for hours, and I have oily skin, so that is inane and amazing to me, since I've never had anything do this, even with primers and other powders. I don't know if it will hold up as well in the summer when my skin gets even more oily, but for now it is doing wonders. And, to add, I have NEVER had an issue with flash photography while wearing this. I use a powder foundation, and what I do is mix in a little of the HD powder into my cheap Avon foundation before I apply it on my face. I still get the amazing results, and it blends together really well - and I have taken multiple pictures with this on, and it still looks great. I used to use Palladio's rice powder, and it left a ghostly cast and led to an extremely embarrassing moment when I had my picture put in the paper, and it also didn't really help my oily skin. But this never looks flaky or caked on as long as I don't neglect on exfoliating once in a while, which I do anyway. A little goes a long way, so I know it will last a while, therefore the price doesn't really bother me. I never thought I would be the type of person to get compliments on my skin, but I have people telling me how soft and clear my face looks all the time. A+

I honestly don't think I've ever been this impressed by a product in years. So glad I purchased it. Will continue to buy every time it runs out.

My mom bought me this on my birthday a few years ago and I love it. It makes my face feel super smooth and eliminates any shine around my t zone. It does sort of make my face look pale white and its sort of expensive. But I really love this stuff :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I saved up my pennies to buy this because it's really hyped up. It blends my makeup LIKE A DREAM, but I don't see a difference in the staying power of my makeup unfortunately :(