Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up the other day at Sephora as a replacement for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (I will no longer shop at MAC due to animal cruelty after being informed by my vegan husband). It seemed very silky and the SA had told me about how flawless my foundation (MUFE Ultra HD) would look. I happily took it home and began to try it out. First things first, 42$ CAD is a lot for just silica powder. It's a really big container, however, I'm sure I could find something just as good or better for cheaper. It made my face look pretty nice and matte, and did prolong the wear of my foundation, however, the flashback is crazy! You definitely cannot bake with this. It's not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not for the life of me understand the hype behind this product.

I do own this powder, meaning I purchased it and chose against returning it. However it's nothing special in my opinion. There are actually drugstore dupes that surpass it's quality. I'm not crazy about the ELF knock off, but WnW has a pretty good pressed version.

Pros:
-Adds a polished setting to foundation
-Doesn't cake into fine lines under my eyes
-Mattifies skin
-A little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-If you apply too much, you're going to get the dreaded whitecast look.
-Offers no additional coverage to foundation
-Mattifies skin...but does not keep *my* oil at bay all day
-Expensive. I don't mind the price whatsoever, however for the quality I should be paying $15 at most. This is nothing special. The main ingredients are dirt cheap.

It's not a bad product by any means. I just wouldn't repurchase due to no 'wow' factor.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

This is an excellent powder! I bought this because I was curious about what a finishing powder could do, but I didn't know how to use it. While I was away for the summer, I ran out of powder, and I wasn't able to go out and buy a replacement for my normal one; so, I decided to put this HD powder to the test. I was not disappointed at all.
The powder itself is white, but it does not cast any white tint onto your face, even when I had to use my darker foundations. It applies clear, and blends flawlessly. Its texture is very fine and smooth, and it gives skin a velvety feel; this must be the "finishing" aspect of this product.
I was really surprised at how mattifying this powder is! Even for my most dewy foundations, the HD powder mattified with ease and actually kept my skin matte for much longer than regular face powders! You can get a solid 8 hours of shine control out of this product without reapplying. I absolutely love it!
My only real issue with this product is the packaging. It's a loose powder in a very classy little container, but the mesh through which the powder comes out is very closely woven. So, it can get difficult to get the powder to come out, especially since it's so velvety, it tends to bind together like flour. If the mesh was slightly wider, then it would be a lot more convenient to dispense the powder.
Also, its price tag carries some weight. You can get a full-size powder for $34, or a slightly smaller one for $19. I got the cheaper one, and it lasted me for a solid 2 months. I definitely recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually only bought the travel size to keep in my make-up bag for after the gym or on my way to work (yes I do my makeup in my car- I'm that good at it and I have an hour commute). I chose this because it is translucent. I didn't realize at the time that it was a loose powder, but I actually don't mind that considering the packaging for the travel size bottle is actually really easy to work with. A ton doesn't come out and it doesn't fly everywhere.

I use it to set my foundation in the humid southern summers. It does its job but nothing spectacular. I won't purchase again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product a while ago at sephora cause I had heard so many people talking about and loving this powder so I thought I'd give it a try - SO GLAD I did.
This is everything when it comes to setting my eye concealer. You don't really need a lot of product, just a very little amount. It doesn't cake or crease under my very dry under eye are.
I just moisturize my skin, put my concealer on and press a tiny bit of this powder on top to seal everything in and I've never had my concealer last so long. I used this along with a MAC concealer and it literally stays on all day!
I've didn't use this to set my foundation yet cause I think it's too expensive for a setting powder, but I will try setting my makeup with this around my nose, where I tend to get very oily, I'll update on that soon.
But this far I can say that I absolutely love love love this powder. Definitely worth its money.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like the HD powder in the sense that it does not give me a white cast, sets my makeup nicely and provides a matte finish. I have combo/oily skin and I need a powder that can set my liquid foundation so I don't turn into a grease ball, and this powder prevents greasiness and shine overall, but there are also a few qualities about this product that I really don't like.
For starters, the packaging is absolutely atrocious and hard to work with. You would think that since MUFE asks the consumers to pay so much for their products that they could at least provide some decent, easy to work with packaging, but no, that is not the case. The powder does not come out easily, and when it does, it is often too much, so the expensive product you paid for is partially going to waste. I ended up taking the sifter off the top so now I can just put my makeup brush directly in the container, which makes it easier, but is still a little cumbersome because of the awkwardly small width of the packaging that isn't wide enough for most powder brushes.
Another complaint I have is if applied too liberally, this powder can settle into fine lines and accentuate dry spots easily. I don't use this around my eye area to lightly set my concealer because, even when applied very sparingly, it settles into every fine line in my eye area, so I use another light setting powder, which is annoying because the MUFE HD powder should be fine and silky enough to not settle into lines as much as it does.
If you have normal-dry skin and/or mature/aged skin, this powder will probably not be the best for you due to its tendency to settle around dry spots and wrinkles/fine lines. If you have skin that tends to be on the oily side, this powder might work well at setting your foundation and providing an even, matte finish, but use conservatively because too much of this can make you look cakey and dry. When used correctly, I like the look this powder gives my skin, but due to the inconvenient packaging and the dry spot and fine line accentuation, I won't be repurchasing. There are much more affordable setting powders available that provide the same, if not better, results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I have been using this powder for about 4 years and cannot live without it! Sets makeup to last ALL day - and makes your makeup look beautiful, controls oil.. All around amazing. Can be used just for touch ups mid day to keep your makeup looking fresher even longer.