Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.6

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

this is an okay setting powder... it mattifies without drying my face. it can cakey if you use a little too much which is very easy to do, i meant you only need a little bit otherwise you'le become a ghost 👻, lol. i've tried the mac one aswell but i prefer this one better. i'm deep dark skin and if i go with a light hand it won't change the color of my foundation. it has a good setting power and even kinda makes my foundation water resistant. i do like it yes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the small sample size from sephora. I don't mind it is probably the best thing I can say about this setting powder. It does a great job for under eye setting but if I use it anywhere else, it breaks me out. I find the packaging difficult to work with, I always end up dispensing more than I need. Those things combined adds up to not repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This keeps me matte and looking flawless, making my pores invisible. I use a baby kabuki with the small pot. No breakouts or clogged pores.

MUFE HD Powder goes a bit white for me and I'm very pale. It also catches on dry flakes.

I compared it to...

- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, which is more beige and blends into my skin better
- MAC Prep and Prime is very similar but more transparent and believable on me than MUFE
- RMS "Un" Powder is absolutely invisible with great performance (blurs imperfections, mattes shine)

The last 2 are my picks for HG powders.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this powder. I have been using it for many years and it's still the best IMO. It is very lightweight and I use it to set my foundation as well as throughout the day to mattify my oily skin. When used lightly, it gives the skin a smooth finish. Pores are less visible and the skin stays matte for quite awhile. Do not apply this powder heavily (especially under the eyes) or you'll end up looking like a reverse raccoon.

Ok...I love this product....I use a light dusting at the end of the application after I have set the foundation. To set I am currently using RCMA's translucent, Ben Nye in Cameo, Banana or Camel.

I also use it on the eyes after putting foundation on and before eyeshadow and I have not had any issues with creasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been wanting to try this powder for a long time since I read so much good things about it. And it's really great! The packaging is awesome, there is an extra lid with a net inside which prevents spilling. It looks super white in the jar but is transparent and is leaves a velvety finish on my face. Good for oily skin, does not break me out. It smells kind of odd when applying, but not on your face. Definite repurcashe when jar is empty.

This powder really make a difference, because it reflects the light so pores and blemishes doesnt show as much. The skin looks smooth and nice, and its a good way to take away shine as well. But I dont use this to much, because it is so expensive and other powders i have do almost the same. But this is for special events.

If you want to scrupulously emphasize every flakey area of your skin and point a ghostly-caste finger at each and every pore in the most expensive way possible, have we got a product for you! I bought this because I love the HD foundation, but it really isn't worth it. My face would look finished for a few minutes, just long enough to trick myself into thinking it looked good, but then it settles and points to every imperfection you were hoping to "blur." MUFE has two other powders of comparable price that are MUCH better performers than this is (heck, throwing flour on your face probably makes a more realistic finish than this). I've tried applying it many different ways with many different brushes every day for about a year (so I've tried it in all seasons), just a disappointment. If you don't have any skin issues to begin with and want to spend too much money, this might be the way to go. For me, I'm glad I got the small container.

PROS:
erm... momentarily looks like your foundation is set and momentarily looks blended.
Little goes a long way

CONS:
expensive
leaves a white cast on even my pale irish skin
emphasizes flakes and pores
causes patchiness in your foundation