Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.7

100 silica

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Major flashback, do not use if you intend to take pictures with flash. It did make my skin look very smooth and matte. It controlled my oil very well and it did a great job setting my makeup. Although there were many benefits from this setting powder I would not use it because I don't want to be worried about people taking pictures with flash and me ending up looking like a ghost. However, if you're not worried about the flashback I think it is a good enough setting powder.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had I know this came in a smaller size, I would have opted for that. I bought the full sized one 3-4 years ago and it's still nearly full! So while the price is steep, you get quite a bit of product. You should know, a little bit goes a long way with this powder! I don't use this all willy nilly like any other old setting powder because that'll definitely cause a white cast. In fact, I use a separate setting powder and use this as more of a finishing powder. It definitely has a blurring effect and gives that soft focused look. If I do get a little heavy handed though, nothing a little setting spray doesn't fix!

I purchased this because I wanted to give another setting powder a try. I also received a mini jar sample of this from Sephora. I put this on after foundation and took a flash photo and what do you know it makes me look like an ashy ghost. It feels super drying as well. I have yellow/neutral tones about an NC25 for reference, definitely not going to recommend this to my darker skintoned babes. Immediately returned the unopened box back to the store. I'm swearing off any setting powders with silica.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

I love this loose powder ! My face looks so smoth and polished when I use this after my fondation. I will by this again 😄

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy