Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Major flashback, do not use if you intend to take pictures with flash. It did make my skin look very smooth and matte. It controlled my oil very well and it did a great job setting my makeup. Although there were many benefits from this setting powder I would not use it because I don't want to be worried about people taking pictures with flash and me ending up looking like a ghost. However, if you're not worried about the flashback I think it is a good enough setting powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This keeps me matte and looking flawless, making my pores invisible. I use a baby kabuki with the small pot. No breakouts or clogged pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by this product until I tried the $6 dupe by e.l.f. - I'm a convert. Same flawless look, much better price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I have been using this powder for about 4 years and cannot live without it! Sets makeup to last ALL day - and makes your makeup look beautiful, controls oil.. All around amazing. Can be used just for touch ups mid day to keep your makeup looking fresher even longer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore this product. I buy the smaller jar of this, it's .14oz now, I think it used to be .19oz. The packaging is great, you can throw it in your makeup bag without it spilling and losing a bunch of product.

For the price, it lasts very long...three or four months for the small size. I love the way it smooths everything out.

My biggest concern when I purchased this was that it would leave white all over my face in the event a flash photo was taken of me. I had read that a lot of places and even seen it in celebrity photos. They must be doing it wrong...because this doesn't happen. It simply doesn't with this powder.

I will buy this over and over. I bought it because I read that translucent powder doesn't "add volume" to your face. Perfect, no caking. It has one ingredient and doesn't clog my pores. Love!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I reluctantly said that I would repurchase this if I ran out or lost it because for the most part that's true. I wanted a translucent powder that would keep shine at bay but NOT add more color to my face. This is that powder. Yes it's silica. Yes, it just glides onto the skin and doesn't sit in lines or pores (at least not for me). Yes, a little (and I DO mean a LITTLE) goes a really long way. Yes, it's been my experience that it does leave a white cast on your face, that really is only visible in pictures that use flash. If someone were looking at your (well my) face, they would see nothing, just a great shine free face. Pictures without flash are fine as well (in my experience).

So here's the deal with this powder. You HAVE to know how to use it, meaning application is most important, and that takes trial and error. I've found that big fluffy brushes are ok, but you want something a bit more dense and you want to really kind of buff this powder into your skin. Not hard core buff like you would do with your foundation, but definitely think flat top brush or kabuki, less big fluffy powder brush. I mean I know it's a powder, which would lead one to want to use a powder brush, but honestly something more dense would be your best bet.

The other thing that's trial and error is the amount. You really really do NOT need a lot of this powder, otherwise you WILL look white/pale/cakey.

ETA: I ended up returning this. It was just too messy and I found myself afraid to use it, just in case someone took my picture and I looked like a ghost. I'm using some of the Ben Nye powders to set my foundation instead.

I use this to set my under eye concealer every day. Nothing budges under this powder, not liquid, not cream--nothing. I can, take a nap, run a mile, and know that my makeup has stayed where I put it as long as I've used this powder over it.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this product. Have used it a couple of times and am not terribly wowed. I think I fell in love with the idea more than the fact that I don't really need this product in my life! I have no trouble in keeping mattifying my make up as I have no problem with oily skin. I do absolutely love the texture - super fine, super beautiful finish. However, it's not a must-have for me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this only a week ago and I am already in love. This summer has turned my usually dryer skin into a shiny mess. I hate having to reapply powder, or blot. I just want to be able to put my makeup on in the morning and now worry about it. This powder allows me to do that. It makes my skin look and feel silky smooth, and never cakey. It controls keeps me matte but has a natural finish. It is also great for setting my undereye concealer (which usually creases on me, but not anymore!) My only gripe is the packaging, loose powders will always be a bit harder to work with, I just wish the sifter had a closing mechanism (kind of like the laura mercier mineral powder) so that I can control how much comes out and not be afraid every time I open the lid.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.