MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 19-24

3.3

100 silica

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For the first time in my life I didn't look like an oil slick after 8 hrs but looked like I applied foundation 2.5 hrs ago. I didn't feel ashamed by my "facial looks", was astonished when I looked myself in the mirror (my makeup stayed in place, no touch-ups in those 8 hrs) and self-conscious (hello!, I've got my make-up right in place).

EIGHT HOURS, PEOPLE!!

I've never bothered to write a review about this powder since it didn't have any effect on me, and I didn't want to downgrade it. For the first time I added these (*) steps:
- applied moisturizer for oily skin, Sans Soucis
- * applied Garnier 5 seconds primer
- applied Bobbi Brown Skin foundation
- *heavily applied MUFE HD powder (I usually applied it lightly, sparingly)
- * heavily applied TheBalm Sexy Mama powder on forhead and cheeks (sually applied it lightly, sparingly, and never combined it with MUFE.
Note, it was noticeable I applied powder, but I can live with that. As long as the foundation holds.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hrs and there was no oil on my face. And when I say it, I mean it. From now on, I'll be sticking to this routine.

The problem with my skin is that I get oily after 2.5 hrs no matter what foundation I wear, and after that, the foundation starts to fade or break.

Try it, either this, or any other. But, there is a way to keep oil at bay. It exists!

I would not buy it again since there's no Sephora (not in my country, neither in neighbor countries). Buying it on online makes it too expensive. I may try Tarte one which is cheaper online (compared to MUFE online). But I do recommend it to those that have the opportunity to buy it. Would recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I bought this product in November 2011 and I still have half of the product left! Do not fright and think that the white powder would be appear white when you apply it onto your face. IT DOES NOT! This powder disappears onto your skin as you apply. A little goes a long way! If you are like me who loves to put much of this onto ur face because you simply love the smooth, velvety texture, it does NOT make your face cakey! I live in a hot and humid country, I have very oily/sensitive skin type and I use this almost everyday with or without my foundation. It is quite cumbersome to use this, as it gets messy sometimes! I don't bring this out as it's quite inconvenient.
When my skin does not have any major breakouts, I'd apply Clinique's super city sunblock and set it with the loose powder so as to reduce the shine. It helps to reduce the shine on my T-zone (nose and forehead area) for about 2 hours despite living in a country with hot and humid climate. The sunblock also played apart in helping to prevent more oils from surfacing.
However, if I use the powder with my MYFE foundation (Shade #125), the powder only helped to prevent oil from surfacing on my T-zone areas for about 1 hour. Then I've to use kitchen towels to blot my face.
This is just an okay product for me not buy this product again. It is kinda pricey around $56? SGD. All makeups are right?! I'll probably try Chanel's Poudre Universal Libre.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

MUFE HD powder is the emperor's new clothes. Or maybe everyone else is seeing something I'm not. This is a waste of money and over-hyped. And I mean overhyped as in Nars Orgasm-UD Naked Palette-Mac Studio Fix-Shu Uemura Lash Curler type of overhyped. I know it's silica, but it looks and feels more like the baking soda I have keeping my fridge fresh. I don't know how people are using this effectively without getting a white cast to their face. If I use it sparingly, as suggested, then it just doesn't help. This isn't finely milled enough to diffuse lines or make a soft focus appearance (BE Mineral Veil is better at that, I don't even like BE). To me, it goes on more like a weaker mattifying powder. And I don't want a mattifying powder as my setting powder. What a waste of money.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I use this all the time to set my makeup. It's a nice translucent powder that is very finely milled; you can apply layers and not look chalky.

pros
- finish; It makes my pores smaller and helps give that Airbrush look

cons
- in flash photos you will look chalky (if you apply a lot)

I'm still on my jar of this stuff, it lasts a long time. Although I use it sparingly. You don't need a whole lot.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried this over mineral foundations (BE matte foundation & laura mercier mineral powder) and liquid foundation (MUFE hd foundation). It does work better with liquid foundation, but I found that it doesn't do much for my skin. Bear in mind that I have very oily acne prone skin. On the bright side, the powder makes your skin look FLAWLESS right after you apply it. It also didn't break me out. After an hour though, my face was oily so it does not mattify at all. I would only use this right before a photo shoot or something (which is never) so I don't think it's worth the money. It's actually not that expensive for the 5g container ($15) so it's worth a try! I really wanted to love it, but oily skin is not attractive.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this for about a year and a half hoping it would do what it claimed, but no avavil. I have oily skin and even with a silicone primer, milk of magnesia, and revlon cs foundation, this didnt really get my makeup to last any longer or look any better, nor did it control oil that well. My face still gets oily within the same amount of time that it would without it. My maykeup doesnt look ne better, in fact it looks worse. I use this sparingly with a powder brush and only use it on my t-zone, but still, a ghost like appearance. I swapped it and will never buy again. Im sure there are better setting powders out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I haven't done a review in a while, but I had to write one for this product! It is truly amazing! I have the most oily skin in the world, and I have tried so many different foundations and powders, only to have to blot, use oil mattifiers, etc. in less than four hours. When I put on this powder, I don't blot for the whole day. I do get some shine after eight hours, but it registers as that gorgeous "dewy" look.
This product is translucent. I was skeptical because I have dark skin and this powder is stark white, but using a light hand, this powder will be invisible on the skin.
I pour a small amount of powder into the lid, then use a fluffy powder brush to pick it up. I shake off the excess, then firmly press the powder all over my face. This gives a soft focus, non-powdery look that is really good for me, as I have terrible skin texture and pores.
If you have problems with a powdery look with this product, I highly recommend using Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to take some of that away.
The only con I have about this product is the price, but for beautiful looking skin, I think it's worth it. Plus, you can get a small size that will last a long time for $15 at Sephora.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this product after reading all the positive reviews online. I read about how it controlled oil and even minimized the appearance of pores and was excited to try it. Perhaps my expectations were too high because it did...nothing. All it did was add powder to my skin. It made it a little more matte and all, but any powder could do that. I tried to convince myself that it was working for me, but really, it made no difference. Plus, the texture was a little grittier than what I expected.

Overall, I wanted to love it but I didn't have a reason to even like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if its only me or what, this powder makes my nose feel uncomfortable. It has this distinve smell that I'm really not a fan with and everytime I put it on I have to hold my breathe.

It is finely milled and holds oil back, but if you put on too much it will make you look ghostly. I don't like the small tub it somes with, its pretty difficult to dip my powder brush in. Finally decided to return it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I reallylove this powder. I use it over my HD Foundation in #178. It just sets it perfectly and leaves a poreless look. Try it ladies. Worth every penney.