Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not for the life of me understand the hype behind this product.

I do own this powder, meaning I purchased it and chose against returning it. However it's nothing special in my opinion. There are actually drugstore dupes that surpass it's quality. I'm not crazy about the ELF knock off, but WnW has a pretty good pressed version.

Pros:
-Adds a polished setting to foundation
-Doesn't cake into fine lines under my eyes
-Mattifies skin
-A little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-If you apply too much, you're going to get the dreaded whitecast look.
-Offers no additional coverage to foundation
-Mattifies skin...but does not keep *my* oil at bay all day
-Expensive. I don't mind the price whatsoever, however for the quality I should be paying $15 at most. This is nothing special. The main ingredients are dirt cheap.

It's not a bad product by any means. I just wouldn't repurchase due to no 'wow' factor.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For the first time in my life I didn't look like an oil slick after 8 hrs but looked like I applied foundation 2.5 hrs ago. I didn't feel ashamed by my "facial looks", was astonished when I looked myself in the mirror (my makeup stayed in place, no touch-ups in those 8 hrs) and self-conscious (hello!, I've got my make-up right in place).

EIGHT HOURS, PEOPLE!!

I've never bothered to write a review about this powder since it didn't have any effect on me, and I didn't want to downgrade it. For the first time I added these (*) steps:
- applied moisturizer for oily skin, Sans Soucis
- * applied Garnier 5 seconds primer
- applied Bobbi Brown Skin foundation
- *heavily applied MUFE HD powder (I usually applied it lightly, sparingly)
- * heavily applied TheBalm Sexy Mama powder on forhead and cheeks (sually applied it lightly, sparingly, and never combined it with MUFE.
Note, it was noticeable I applied powder, but I can live with that. As long as the foundation holds.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hrs and there was no oil on my face. And when I say it, I mean it. From now on, I'll be sticking to this routine.

The problem with my skin is that I get oily after 2.5 hrs no matter what foundation I wear, and after that, the foundation starts to fade or break.

Try it, either this, or any other. But, there is a way to keep oil at bay. It exists!

I would not buy it again since there's no Sephora (not in my country, neither in neighbor countries). Buying it on online makes it too expensive. I may try Tarte one which is cheaper online (compared to MUFE online). But I do recommend it to those that have the opportunity to buy it. Would recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great! I use it as a primer for bareminerals and dust a little on as a setting powder. It absorbs oil pretty well and doesn't change te color or foundation or skin color. It feels so luxurious, which is maybe why it cost so much. However, it will last you a looooong time. Doesn't clog pores or irritate my skin. I am generally very sensitive and acne prone.

Don't let the price keep you from trying this powder out, it really is worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I bought this product in November 2011 and I still have half of the product left! Do not fright and think that the white powder would be appear white when you apply it onto your face. IT DOES NOT! This powder disappears onto your skin as you apply. A little goes a long way! If you are like me who loves to put much of this onto ur face because you simply love the smooth, velvety texture, it does NOT make your face cakey! I live in a hot and humid country, I have very oily/sensitive skin type and I use this almost everyday with or without my foundation. It is quite cumbersome to use this, as it gets messy sometimes! I don't bring this out as it's quite inconvenient.
When my skin does not have any major breakouts, I'd apply Clinique's super city sunblock and set it with the loose powder so as to reduce the shine. It helps to reduce the shine on my T-zone (nose and forehead area) for about 2 hours despite living in a country with hot and humid climate. The sunblock also played apart in helping to prevent more oils from surfacing.
However, if I use the powder with my MYFE foundation (Shade #125), the powder only helped to prevent oil from surfacing on my T-zone areas for about 1 hour. Then I've to use kitchen towels to blot my face.
This is just an okay product for me not buy this product again. It is kinda pricey around $56? SGD. All makeups are right?! I'll probably try Chanel's Poudre Universal Libre.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

MUFE HD powder is the emperor's new clothes. Or maybe everyone else is seeing something I'm not. This is a waste of money and over-hyped. And I mean overhyped as in Nars Orgasm-UD Naked Palette-Mac Studio Fix-Shu Uemura Lash Curler type of overhyped. I know it's silica, but it looks and feels more like the baking soda I have keeping my fridge fresh. I don't know how people are using this effectively without getting a white cast to their face. If I use it sparingly, as suggested, then it just doesn't help. This isn't finely milled enough to diffuse lines or make a soft focus appearance (BE Mineral Veil is better at that, I don't even like BE). To me, it goes on more like a weaker mattifying powder. And I don't want a mattifying powder as my setting powder. What a waste of money.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has been sitting in my makeup drawer for years. As a finishing powder, it did nothing to control oil for me. Absolutely nothing. I was still an oil slick not even an hour after applying. I remember it being expensive, and that is the only reason I never threw it out. SO GUESS WHAT I DID (I'm excited, sorry). I used it as a primer. And guess what it did. Controlled my oil the ENTIRE day. I'm talking blotting once... and for me, that is unheard of. If the oil that comes out of my face could be used as fuel, I could be a billionaire. That is how oily my face gets. I usually blot and powder multiple times throughout the day. I read one review, ONE, on the Sephora site, where the reviewer also used it as a primer. That was the only review I was able to find anywhere, where someone used it in that way. I figured what the hell? What did I have to lose? I powdered some on my face before applying my foundation, the same way you would apply it after foundation.. waited 5 minutes, and did my makeup as usual. I can't even begin to tell you the difference this made. I could actually go hours and hours and not worry about how oily I looked. I could touch my face and feel that it wasn't oily. If you're like me, and nothing you buy seems to be able to control your oily skin, and you just so happen to have this and currently hate it... try it as a primer!!!! I am beyond impressed, but am a little depressed by the fact that I'll now have to repurchase eventually :(

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I use this all the time to set my makeup. It's a nice translucent powder that is very finely milled; you can apply layers and not look chalky.

pros
- finish; It makes my pores smaller and helps give that Airbrush look

cons
- in flash photos you will look chalky (if you apply a lot)

I'm still on my jar of this stuff, it lasts a long time. Although I use it sparingly. You don't need a whole lot.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried this over mineral foundations (BE matte foundation & laura mercier mineral powder) and liquid foundation (MUFE hd foundation). It does work better with liquid foundation, but I found that it doesn't do much for my skin. Bear in mind that I have very oily acne prone skin. On the bright side, the powder makes your skin look FLAWLESS right after you apply it. It also didn't break me out. After an hour though, my face was oily so it does not mattify at all. I would only use this right before a photo shoot or something (which is never) so I don't think it's worth the money. It's actually not that expensive for the 5g container ($15) so it's worth a try! I really wanted to love it, but oily skin is not attractive.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought this a couple of years ago and ended up returning it to sephora because it just didn't sit well on my skin. Was browsing the website and saw it again in a cute little container, 15 bucks hell why not try it again. I've found the secret to this stuff is to use a teeny amount and then buff it throughly into your skin, it makes you look absolutely flawless!! If I ever run out of this I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this for about a year and a half hoping it would do what it claimed, but no avavil. I have oily skin and even with a silicone primer, milk of magnesia, and revlon cs foundation, this didnt really get my makeup to last any longer or look any better, nor did it control oil that well. My face still gets oily within the same amount of time that it would without it. My maykeup doesnt look ne better, in fact it looks worse. I use this sparingly with a powder brush and only use it on my t-zone, but still, a ghost like appearance. I swapped it and will never buy again. Im sure there are better setting powders out there.