MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 19-24

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This stuff is MAGIC. Sets my makeup nicely and keeps my face looking fresh all day, no matter how oily or sweaty I feel! I used it for the first time in the middle of a summer convention, when I usually have to blot the crap out of my face, but this stopped me from looking oily and gross! The only thing I find is the packaging makes it hard to use in moderation, I always end up with too much on my brush.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like the HD powder in the sense that it does not give me a white cast, sets my makeup nicely and provides a matte finish. I have combo/oily skin and I need a powder that can set my liquid foundation so I don't turn into a grease ball, and this powder prevents greasiness and shine overall, but there are also a few qualities about this product that I really don't like.
For starters, the packaging is absolutely atrocious and hard to work with. You would think that since MUFE asks the consumers to pay so much for their products that they could at least provide some decent, easy to work with packaging, but no, that is not the case. The powder does not come out easily, and when it does, it is often too much, so the expensive product you paid for is partially going to waste. I ended up taking the sifter off the top so now I can just put my makeup brush directly in the container, which makes it easier, but is still a little cumbersome because of the awkwardly small width of the packaging that isn't wide enough for most powder brushes.
Another complaint I have is if applied too liberally, this powder can settle into fine lines and accentuate dry spots easily. I don't use this around my eye area to lightly set my concealer because, even when applied very sparingly, it settles into every fine line in my eye area, so I use another light setting powder, which is annoying because the MUFE HD powder should be fine and silky enough to not settle into lines as much as it does.
If you have normal-dry skin and/or mature/aged skin, this powder will probably not be the best for you due to its tendency to settle around dry spots and wrinkles/fine lines. If you have skin that tends to be on the oily side, this powder might work well at setting your foundation and providing an even, matte finish, but use conservatively because too much of this can make you look cakey and dry. When used correctly, I like the look this powder gives my skin, but due to the inconvenient packaging and the dry spot and fine line accentuation, I won't be repurchasing. There are much more affordable setting powders available that provide the same, if not better, results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really not too sure what this product does for me, because I still shine after 3-4 hours of application. I use it after my loose powder, and I feel that it has the same effect of a loose powder.

Expensive.

Creates a really big mess when opening, using, and closing it. Really bad packaging design.

Wouldn't repurchase as I feel that MUFE is simply trying to scam women into purchasing more of their products when they can simply apply 2 layers of loose powder and achieve the same effect.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked the lightness of this product. I felt like when I used the powder, it helped even out my skin tone and covered flaws very well. Using it with a kabuki brush helps widen the coverage. It gives you that glow that you don't get if you don't put something over your foundation. I've been using it for about a year now and have no complaints.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought mine in 17oz and it fits perfectly inside my makeup kit. The packaging is sturdy and does not have any fancy design. I have combination to oily type skin and I found this very long lasting as it helps my makeup stay longer and my face matte for at least 6-8 hours depending on the weather. I would definitely advice this to people with combination to oily skin because it is incredible, however it is not advisable for people who have big pores as it tends to settle down and makes pores visibly bigger.

I hope this helps!
(P.S. It doesn't have SPF protection.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this product. I bought it on a whim, after hearing how flawless it made peoples' faces look, but then instantly regretted it reading the problems that so many people seem to have wearing it for flash photography.

However, I absolutely adore this product. It makes my face appear so flawless, and I've used translucent powders before, but with this I only have to touch up my t-zone, maybe once throughout the entire day. My makeup stays put for hours, and I have oily skin, so that is inane and amazing to me, since I've never had anything do this, even with primers and other powders. I don't know if it will hold up as well in the summer when my skin gets even more oily, but for now it is doing wonders. And, to add, I have NEVER had an issue with flash photography while wearing this. I use a powder foundation, and what I do is mix in a little of the HD powder into my cheap Avon foundation before I apply it on my face. I still get the amazing results, and it blends together really well - and I have taken multiple pictures with this on, and it still looks great. I used to use Palladio's rice powder, and it left a ghostly cast and led to an extremely embarrassing moment when I had my picture put in the paper, and it also didn't really help my oily skin. But this never looks flaky or caked on as long as I don't neglect on exfoliating once in a while, which I do anyway. A little goes a long way, so I know it will last a while, therefore the price doesn't really bother me. I never thought I would be the type of person to get compliments on my skin, but I have people telling me how soft and clear my face looks all the time. A+

I honestly don't think I've ever been this impressed by a product in years. So glad I purchased it. Will continue to buy every time it runs out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this. I have really oily skin and use this to set my makeup and retouch during the day. It doesn't change the color of my makeup or look dry and cakey like many powders do. Bit expensive but it lasts a while and IMO is worth it. I wish the powder sifter was one of those ones that could be shut when it is closed so if I am travelling with it, it doesn't make a big mess when I open the lid.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a silica powder, which is super duper duuuuper fine. It's perfect for layering because the powder is so fine, it doesn't sit on top of where you have already applied it and it blends beautifully. I wouldn't recommend this is you are looking for a finishing powder to add more coverage - which is what I usually like to do. But if your foundation covers up enough I would definitely suggest this, because it gives your skin a very natural like finish, really blurs any pores or lines, and really doesn't look powdery at all. I have problematic skin here and there, so I like my full coverage. Even with my liquid foundation and my concealer, I like to add coverage with my powder. When I need more coverage I just use my Milani Multitasking Powder on the blemishes or areas that need it, and then I use the HD Powder everywhere else. This powder is so fine that I can use it over my Milani Powder without making it obvious. My only issue is that it doesn't stay put or matte throughout the day, but other then that, this is a really good translucent powder. This is pricey, but I have the travel size and honestly I can see this lasting a good 3-6 months at least. There is so much powder in there and a little goes a long way for this stuff, so you get good bang for your buck.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I bought the sample size and Im glad I didnt sink 30$ into the full size.
Packaging:The sample size is so small, its impossible to apply unless you are using a tiny tiny brush, for my preferred application method...just not feasible. I like to use a puff to place it in the t-zone, then blend with a large fan brush. Luckily, I was out of my ELF Setting Powder, so I dumped the MUFE powder into that container, which made at least application more sensible.
Performance: I found this to be incredibly hard to blend. Itís like it immediately soaks right into where ever you pat it, giving you no window for blending. With my NW-43 skin, Iím sure you can see my frustrations. It looks ok (I guess) once I spray some Fix+ over it, but if you look close, you can still see a splotchy mess. It does absolutely nothing as far as any kind of oil control. I feel like it almost gives my makeup a dull, caked on appearance. Its alright(I guess), but honestly, I like the 6$ ELF powder much, much more.
continued >>