MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 19-24

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

this is an okay setting powder... it mattifies without drying my face. it can cakey if you use a little too much which is very easy to do, i meant you only need a little bit otherwise you'le become a ghost 👻, lol. i've tried the mac one aswell but i prefer this one better. i'm deep dark skin and if i go with a light hand it won't change the color of my foundation. it has a good setting power and even kinda makes my foundation water resistant. i do like it yes.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My go to powder, totally worth the price because the product will last your forever

Before I begin with my review, let me just list the pros and cons of this product

Pros:
-versatile (I'll explain this down a little moreE)
-not cakey looking at all!
-does make skin look smoother and more poreless
-doesn't break me out
-improved container (there's a little stub on the top now that makes the powder less likely to fall everywhere when you open it)

Cons:
-price (damn, like 40 dollars a jar)
-highlights flakey/dry skin
-messy

I really REALLY like this product because it absorbs oil really well and does make my skin look a lot smoother. Not only that, but it's versatile. By versatility I mean, I put it under my eyes and dab a little bit on my mascara so it doesn't give me that panda rim LOL (I'm quite oil at times). It also works really well on lips if you want a matte lip but don't have a matte lipstick!

That being said, this powder DOES highlight flakey skin. Make sure you exfoliate everyday if using this. Despite that improved packaging, it's still very messy to use. As soon as I open/close the jar, tons of powder fall everywhere (perhaps it's inevitable?).

Overall, I do like this product a lot and would buy it again. The price, however, hurts me and my wallet deeply.

Thanks for reading! (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

When I want a more matte finish, I buff this finishing powder all over my face. If I want a more "natural" look, I only powder the T-zone, and maybe dust under the eyes to discourage any migration of eye makeup. Even though it seems pricey, a jar lasts a really long time if you apply with a light hand. My one issue is with the packaging because I like to tap the powder into the cap, but the cap is rather small and my powder brush barely fits into it. The jar should be redesigned in width for a more user-friendly application.

And for those who travel with their makeup, consider taping over the little release holes to avoid a surprise (read: huge mess) by your arrival time. Seriously.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm sure you could find a cheaper dupe for this (NYX has one) as it's just silica powder. I've been using the smaller size for 2 years now, every time I wear makeup and I don't think I'll ever get through it. I've used this on my whole face a couple times, but I prefer it for my under eyes. Although beware for flash photography - I had a picture of me with the powder showing up under my eyes.. not a good look. I must've been a little heavy handed. I like it for under my eyes because it's so finely milled so it doesn't cake up & it makes my concealer not crease. This is a staple in my makeup routine.