Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.7

100 silica

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

this is an okay setting powder... it mattifies without drying my face. it can cakey if you use a little too much which is very easy to do, i meant you only need a little bit otherwise you'le become a ghost 👻, lol. i've tried the mac one aswell but i prefer this one better. i'm deep dark skin and if i go with a light hand it won't change the color of my foundation. it has a good setting power and even kinda makes my foundation water resistant. i do like it yes.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I an always on a look-out for matifying powders. Long-term :) this one is not the case. It does matify my skin for a little while and it is very finely milled but i love it the most to set up my undereye concealer. It's great at that. And it goes a long way. Will definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the small sample size from sephora. I don't mind it is probably the best thing I can say about this setting powder. It does a great job for under eye setting but if I use it anywhere else, it breaks me out. I find the packaging difficult to work with, I always end up dispensing more than I need. Those things combined adds up to not repurchasing.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love silica powders. They are by far my favorite powders because they control my oil and I'm super Talc sensitive so most others won't work for me. This one is quite light so it's easy to inhale (which I dislike). The new packaging with the mesh is really nice and helps keep the mess down. My biggest complaint is the price. I just can't justify the price when awesome powders like ELF HD are around for so cheap. If I can figure out how to get the top off, I'll refill it with ELF HD powder.

Pros:
- does mattify the skin for maybe 5-6 hours
- makes skin look flawless
- texture is really fine and smooth

Cons:
- makes me look ghostly white in flash

Overall, great powder. Didn't repurchase it because of how it causes flashback. Would probably be good for a daytime look and not night. LOL

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My go to powder, totally worth the price because the product will last your forever

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bar far the best powder I have ever used. Makes your skin feel like silk from when you put it on till when you take it off. A little powder goes a long way. Worth every penny and has been my go to powder since 2010!