MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.8

100 silica

its nice and very finely milled but too chalky. i like the nars loose powder a lot better. This has a weird smell also.

This is an OK finishing powder. It's the most finely milled one I've ever tried, so I'll give it that. But I find this super drying and it also brings out any fine lines and wrinkles on my face and makes it so they're very obvious. A better description might be that when I use this as a finishing powder, I look much, much older. However, you only have to use a little bit of this to set your makeup, so a little goes a long way. If you have very oily skin, this might be for you. If you have any dryness or combination skin, especially if you have any fine lines or wrinkles, stay away from this product. Also, if you are often in photos with flash, don't wear this. It has horrible flash back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.

Love Love Love this powder.
I don't ware make up everyday, so usually one jar of powder will last me a year? or longer.
But this thing, I'm already to the last bit of this one.
I love how it gives my face a instant matte finish but with out looking dull.
And the best part is that it's transparent.
I've used powder products that's ivory or beige, I don't like them. When I use these powders to set the make up, the tinted powder will change my already perfect tone.
I even put this powder on my hair roots when I don't have time to wash my hair and in a rush to go out.
And now since it's humid where I live, I brush a layer on my neck to avoid the stickiness.
Will buy it again.

For the price and hype I was unimpressed with this product. Messy and my skin felt a bit itchy. Also made my face feel very dry :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This powder is all right, I say that because I think the stage brands offer better versions of this. If you apply to much it can cakeup under the eyes or around your dry patches and for us olive to darker skinned women there can be flash back in photos I used this mostly in My T-zone after I have applied a powder that has some pigment to it.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

This product is 100% Silica powder therefore Talc-free.
I read the previous review stating that silica is super dangerous but it quotes a site for Health & Safety in construction which I didn't think could be the same material used in cosmetics so I searched for more information and found this to be pretty informative.

All these dangerous chemicals on our faces is stressful, obviously I'd prefer to go make-up free everyday but my skin is blemished with Rosacea, broken veins, open pores, uneven skin-tone, oiliness etc. etc. from even before I used make-up or cosmetics.

Anyway this powder is pretty good I think, maybe it is causing a few spots I can't be sure as I'm also using a new sunscreen - BioDerm Matte 30SPF.
I found this powder gives my makeup a more natural finish than any other powder I've tried.
If you're interested in trying it, get the small pot from Sephora and apply with a soft brush or, if you need extra smoothing, pore-filling results, pat on with a powder puff or pad.

I also mixed it with my BareMinerals powder ( BM in Original which has a lot of sheen to it so it balances out )