Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.6

100 silica

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail face powder! This powder is so finely milled its amazing, and a little bit goes such a long way. When I use this I find my face looks and feels smoother, and it keeps my foundation looking like I just applied it by the end of the night. I really love that this product doesn't make my face look powdered or matte, it gives such a natural finish and doesn't transfer at all.
Another thing that really impressed me with this product is that it truly was translucent, and didn't change the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. It also looks great in photos, and didn't give any white-cast when flash was used.
I originally got this product as a sample and have since purchased it twice, I'd definitely recommend testing it out!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product because Ahanhbarbie34 talked about how amazing it was and how it make your pores disappear and skin look amazing. So after a lot of thought and using my old powder up, I decided to splurge on this powder which was $35 CAD at Sephora. I have nothing bad to say about this product but it didn't "make my pores disappear" like I heard it would. I basically just sets my liquid makeup. I didn't look white on me because i didn't overdo it like I suspect ppl who said it looked white did.
I don't know why anyone hasn't mentioned the horrible packaging but its really hard to get the powder out unless you shake the package and either a lot or not enough comes out each time which is a little frustrating since its such a waste. (maybe thats why people had the white face since so much can come out at once)
I bought the ELF HD powder ($6) and I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two. I wish I could because it was so expensive but I'm just going to use it up and buy something else next time.

Wanted to love it, unfortunately I do not. It leaves a chalky look to your face and it is literally awful to smell. I cough when ever I inhale after putting it on my face. Not very pleased, however it is very fine and silky feeling, I use it first becAuse it's so fine but I just set it with another powder after application. I wouldn't wear this alone because it makes me look pale, sick and chalky.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is not worth the price tag AT ALL. I feel like i have to put more product on my face to achieve the matte finish. It does not blend well at all, I am olive skin and you can tell when I am wearing this powder because it gives me a chalky look.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become such a part of my makeup routine that I don't know what I'd do with out it. It makes my face feel so soft. I don't have a problem with oily skin but my foundation can be sticky sometimes. I love the mattifying finish it leaves. I just hate the packaging and wish there was an easier way to dispense the product without wasting it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I tried the travel size of this product. I'm not saying its a bad product but I just didn't visibly see the results. I ended up returning it. I know its a cult classic product but it just did not do anything for me that I could SEE which is really important in my makeup routine. I need to see results!

This is just okay, really nothing special. My skin isn't oily to begin with, so maybe this would work better for people with oily skin. I put a tiny amount of this over my liquid foundation & it did mattify my face. This was also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't settle into lines or pores, didn't really change the color of my foundation (but this will leave a white cast if you use too much), didn't cause any breakouts (best part of this), & this lasted all day for me. I did feel that this did make my foundation look a little cakey at one point. I also felt that it made my makeup look kind of dull, I kind of like a little dewyness because it looks more natural & gives a nice glow (which this product did not). This made my foundation look like it was heavy, without it really being heavy (if that makes sense). This does accentuate on dry spots on your face, so I do not reccommend this for winter. This may work well in the summer though, so I'm going to try using this again in the summer when it gets really hot. As another reviewer mentioned, I also tried using this as a primer before putting on my foundation. I actually think it worked better as a primer rather than applying this directly on top of your foundation. It still controlled oil, made my face smooth, didn't leave a white cast, & didn't look cakey. The original way of applying this, made my makeup look cakey. So, if you tried this & didn't like it over your foundation, I would highly suggest trying it as a primer before you put on your foundation. The packaging is the worst part about this product. It's terrible. For how expensive this stuff is, I would expect the packaging to be not as cheapily made as this is. This is the messiest makeup product I've ever encountered. You definitely can't use this if you're in a rush. As soon as you twist the lid on the jar, this stuff gets EVERYWHERE. It took me longer to clean this up than to do my makeup, & that's ridiculous. Overall, To me this is overpriced for what it is. I will not buy this again, there are better & cheaper options out there. This also did not give me that "WOW" factor. I'm so happy I got the smaller size of this for $10, since I get a discount at Sephora. I would never pay $30 for this. I'll stick with my Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer.