Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.5

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For my skin tone (nc30), I think this gives a slight whitish cast. And maybe it's good for occasions but not for everyday since it appears Cakey and makes it obvious that you have makeup on. Had a photo shop like effect (mattifies and blur out) so I am glad I got a sample size version only since I don't think I will use it often. And the packaging makes it hard to pick up product. Not recommended as a daily product or those who like a natural / dewy glow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up the other day at Sephora as a replacement for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (I will no longer shop at MAC due to animal cruelty after being informed by my vegan husband). It seemed very silky and the SA had told me about how flawless my foundation (MUFE Ultra HD) would look. I happily took it home and began to try it out. First things first, 42$ CAD is a lot for just silica powder. It's a really big container, however, I'm sure I could find something just as good or better for cheaper. It made my face look pretty nice and matte, and did prolong the wear of my foundation, however, the flashback is crazy! You definitely cannot bake with this. It's not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my 2nd time purchase! It's my holy grail,make up staple!however,it does not look good on flash camera,u'll get white cast with flash.my face used to melt all the foundation after a long day, no matter I put on a primer or not,liquid foundation or powder foundation.This microfinish powder ensures all my make up to stay put,especially my eye lids. My job is demanding & long hours,I can't always touch up my make up at work.This product is a savior :) a bit pricey but worth the money.I don't like its packaging.it cracked easily,I bought the pressed microfinish powder,more convenient to bring it out.but bear in mind u must handle with care

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was sure I reviewed this powder before but hey.. I forgot. This is a decent microfinish setting powder that makes your skin look flawless and super silky. It does set the makeup fine. However, it makes the dry skin look flakier, and it can ball up if used with certain kind of product... Also, to me it's really similar, IF not the same product, as the HD setting powder from elf... so If you want to try this one but not try the price.. go and buy the E.l.f. HD setting loose powder, and you'll be all set.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's a fun extra to have as I was curious to try it out...if you have coin to throw away, but it. I wouldn't bother buy again, I'd rather get a sample

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and small. It works just fine in my T zone where I don't want shine and to set concealer.

I have dry skin and do not use it to absorb oil

A nice thin transparent powder. Found ELF to be the same (LOL)

Got in the sample size, still not done. Like the tiny container and keep it in my make up bag as it comes in handy and doesn't take up too much space.

I then can refill when done, probably will go with ELF

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I'm going to have to be a downer here and give this a so-so review, despite its massive popularity (which I really do understand---this product is perfect for a certain skin type...just not mine).

About me: I have quite fair, dry skin.

Pros:
- Controls oil pretty well. (Or it would, if I had any to speak of.)
- Despite its white colour, it doesn't actually look white on the skin, although I imagine it might appear whiter on someone who isn't already as white as me.
- Very finely-milled.

Cons:
- Very expensive, at $39 CAD, for what amounts to a pot of finely-milled silica (which is indeed the only ingredient in this powder). e.l.f. has a similar powder for $6.
- May show up very white on deep skintones.
- It's not suitable for dry skin, and will cling to and enhance the appearance of dry patches. It's a very dry powder, by virtue of being pure silica.

It wasn't an awful product by any means! And I can see why others love it. It just wasn't for me and my needs. If you have dry skin, you may want to skip this; however, if you have oily or combo skin, you may love this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually only bought the travel size to keep in my make-up bag for after the gym or on my way to work (yes I do my makeup in my car- I'm that good at it and I have an hour commute). I chose this because it is translucent. I didn't realize at the time that it was a loose powder, but I actually don't mind that considering the packaging for the travel size bottle is actually really easy to work with. A ton doesn't come out and it doesn't fly everywhere.

I use it to set my foundation in the humid southern summers. It does its job but nothing spectacular. I won't purchase again.