MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry age: 44-55

3.3

100 silica

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this powder; it sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my T-zone shine free for hours. It is a finely milled powder and goes on easily, but it will initially make you look like a ghost. I just use another larger brush and really work the powder into my skin.....that gets rid of the white color and seems to really set my foundation. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this well enough to use it off an on for a couple of years (still have the original container). The pluses for me are that it does not emphasize pores or lines. Honestly, more than anything else,I've used it under my eyes to keep my eye makeup from traveling. I have the Laura Mercier brightening powder, but it really seemed no different than using MUFE Hi Def. I use the Laura Mercier brush that is intended for the brightening powder, and just touch it to the inside of the lid of either powder, and gently pat under the eyes. I've still got so much of both of these left in the container after several years, I don't think I could ever run out. But, if I did, I would not repurchase.

It is not really useful as a blot powder at all. All in all its just an okay powder, nothing particularly wrong with it.and does not compare to Chantecaille or Guerlain loose powder. When comparing it to Chanel, Chanel gives a more matte finish, and I think would emphasize dryness much more. (For example, I would never have used the Chanel under my eyes).