Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

3.9

100 silica

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this but the flashback problem in photos is horrible then I heard of Eshiko Ultra HD powder which I prefer, it's similar but much much finer, gives much more radiance with no flashback problems.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this powder; it sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my T-zone shine free for hours. It is a finely milled powder and goes on easily, but it will initially make you look like a ghost. I just use another larger brush and really work the powder into my skin.....that gets rid of the white color and seems to really set my foundation. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I think I will use this for a rest of my life. I bought this along with the hd foundation and primer but too be honest, the foundation and primer arent the best. I would definitely pair with with whatever future foundation i might use foreverr!! This made my skin look flawless and the makeup stays on all day!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Expensive, horrible package ( spoiled a lot of powder ), can give a white sheen if used to much. Does makeup last longer tough.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I threw all of my other powders out. I feel that my look isn't as cakey with this stuff. Just like most of MUFE products, this is pricey but a little goes a long way with this product because it will alter your final look if too much is applied!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This must be the best invention since mascara!
Since my early 30's I had to stop using powder, as is accentuated the few lines here and there on my dry Nordic skin. Last summer, my beautician recommended the use of loose translucent powder for my wedding, and Wow! Now I use this every day under Make Up Forever HD foundation, and people always comment on how young I look. My daughter (17) borrowed it, (she normally swears to MAC), and it lasted through the whole night partying. It leaves you looking fabulous in real life and on photos. A tip for those who thinks it leaves you looking like a ghost, is to use the special brush for a lot longer than you would think necessary. It will sort of blend with the foundation and your also hide any pores. Top product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this well enough to use it off an on for a couple of years (still have the original container). The pluses for me are that it does not emphasize pores or lines. Honestly, more than anything else,I've used it under my eyes to keep my eye makeup from traveling. I have the Laura Mercier brightening powder, but it really seemed no different than using MUFE Hi Def. I use the Laura Mercier brush that is intended for the brightening powder, and just touch it to the inside of the lid of either powder, and gently pat under the eyes. I've still got so much of both of these left in the container after several years, I don't think I could ever run out. But, if I did, I would not repurchase.

It is not really useful as a blot powder at all. All in all its just an okay powder, nothing particularly wrong with it.and does not compare to Chantecaille or Guerlain loose powder. When comparing it to Chanel, Chanel gives a more matte finish, and I think would emphasize dryness much more. (For example, I would never have used the Chanel under my eyes).

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i conned my boyfriend into buying this (oops, baby...i forgot my wallet..while we were already at the sephora counter) and i'm so glad i did. my pores look tiny and my makeup stays. i put tape on all but 2 of the holes, so as to combat too much of the powder flying around. i love it. and i will definitely re-purchase. which won't be for awhile, since as everyone says, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

okay so this product has mixed reviews and i understand why. number one, i think a lot of people buy it in hopes of it making their face flawless and for most people out there, it can't do that. i include myself in that. i have darker skin, dark circles, dryness, uneven skin tone, etc...it isn't a fix it all product so don't get your hopes up too high. HOWEVER, i absolutely LOVE this product. why? well it is a great finishing translucent powder. it's white but becomes invisible on your skin. it's perfect for over concealer, foundation, and takes the oily look away from your t-zone. it also brightens up your face. you only need very little, so it does last a long time if used properly. if you use too much, it can make you look too powdery or even ashy. in my eyes, if a product works for you and lasts long, then it's worth it (i paid $30 at sephora). try it out and if you don't like it, return it. everyone has unique skin and there is no one product that works for all. just remember to go in with realistic expectations bc it may not work for you. there are so many translucent powders out there, just be patient and you will find a great one! =)