MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 44-55

100 silica

Don't know what all the hype is over this stuff. I bought the travel size to give it a try after reading so many glowing reviews,its not that great and certainly not worth the price. I'm returning my unused portion to Sephora. I tried and used BM's mineral veil and the concept and feel is very similar although I preferred the mineral veil if I had to chose-it has a silkier feel. This stuff tends to make dry spots around my nose area, and its drying overall and I have to apply quite a bit to get any noticeable effect. Its going back.

Use sparingly after the oil appears. I am not a fan of using as a finishing powder because, frankly, my skin gets all unnatural in real time.

It's great, though, when your skin gets the normal oily, dewy. Then I dab a brush, tap it, and then swipe it around my nose, sides of nose, forehead, chin. It looks good.

No breakouts. Along with the MUFE F&B, its like real skin only rather better.

I considered purchasing the generic silica micropheres from bulk sellers, but I decided against it. It's important to make sure that the products you use on your face are pure. When you buy a product at a lower price point, it's possible someone took a shortcut somewhere or used a questionable source to make the price affordable. Since I had read some negative comments about the quality of the bulk sellers' product, I thought it would be safer to stick with a company that has produced makeup for years.

That being said, I'm happy enough with the effect of the product to not be too upset about the extensive mark-up price. A lot of the finishing powders I have tried that get rid of shine (Mineral Veil, LM) have broken me out. This one hasn't and it really works without making my face tight or itchy.

I think you have to use the right makeup brush for this to work. I first used what I believe is a blush brush and then, a tiny kabuki brush that came with Sephora's free BE foundation offer. In both cases, my face became quite oily and shiny. I didn't have success with this powder until I used my Clinique brush with it and really dusted the product into my face.

if you're break-out prone and react poorly to powders with talc or corn starch, this may be a good one to try.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I'm admittedly a makeup snob - only high dollar big names for me! So of course I've tried Dior, Chanel, Armani, YSL, La Mer, etc. Eh, powder is powder...until I tried HD High Def! This powder is amazing - it literally erases every pore on my face and never changes the color of my foundation.