Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 19-24

3.3

100 silica

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

FABULOUS! I love this powder. It's so fine that it truly is "invisible" and the silica does a smashing job at imparting a smooth, soft-focus look. It does a great job at keeping oil at bay, and one of the best things about it is that you can apply it over ALL of your makeup (blush, eyeshadow, whatever) because it is transparent. A little goes a loooong way, so even the half size jar will last a long, long time.

I got this in the Best of Make Up For Ever kit at Sephora so it was a pretty good deal. As for the powder, I really hate the smell but it leaves a pretty nice finish. It blurs the pores and fine lines on your face so that's nice. The packaging is a hassle because the powder gets everywhere even though I only opened up two of the holes (left some of the sticker on). The packaging is nice and sleek though. It has virtually no coverage as it is a setting powder.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is just ok for me. It almost seems like too fine a powder to help control oil, I actually prefer this cheap maybelline loose powder I have for that or a pressed blot powder. It helps, but it's just ok, and I don't really feel like it has much else to offer.

I don't get the hype about this product. I bought the one that comes without the kabuki brush, so initially, I thought that I was lacking the tools to make it work to its full potential. Well, I have since purchased a kabuki brush, and I still don't get the hype. I don't use foundation at all, only a bit of concealer and loose powder, so there may be no use for this in my makeup routine. I think I'm going to put it for swap. You can get this from e-tailers (with the almost exact formulation, which is just basically silica) for a much cheaper price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials