Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.1

100 silica

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

When I first bought this, I hoped it would mattify my face as I tend to have an oily T zone. The packaging is sleek and classy, which made me buy it. This product would leave me matte for about an hour til I was forced to reapply again. The powder is translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on the face. However during my use of this product in the warm weather (I live in California) this product simply is trash! It wouldn't keep me matte for an hour. Since the weather here is constantly sunny, I do sweat (not profusely) but the places where I would apply the powder the sweat would STAY in place. I have used this product for over a year and I'm now looking for a replacement to this.

Don't know what all the hype is over this stuff. I bought the travel size to give it a try after reading so many glowing reviews,its not that great and certainly not worth the price. I'm returning my unused portion to Sephora. I tried and used BM's mineral veil and the concept and feel is very similar although I preferred the mineral veil if I had to chose-it has a silkier feel. This stuff tends to make dry spots around my nose area, and its drying overall and I have to apply quite a bit to get any noticeable effect. Its going back.

I feel kinda dumb for buying this product. The entire reason I bought it is because I assumed it was the powder you should use for photographs b/c it says HD and it's translucent. There's no SPF in it, so I assumed it would just be translucent and there'd be no issues with a white tint. In reality, it leaves a significant white tint to your face and looks powdery. It made my already pale face look even paler after I applied it over my foundation.

I purchased the kit (makeup primer and powder). Love the makeup and primer and I thought I liked the powder. The powder is silky smooth but I happened to run across a video that showed what happens in the event someone takes a picture with a flash. I was like "No way!" so I tried it myself with my Canon DSLR and sure enough there it was. I was mortified. There should be some kind of disclaimer on this product.

Can you imagine wearing this on a special day (photography session) and ending up looking like you have white paint all over your face?

I would NOT recommend this powder to anyone ... ever!

Use sparingly after the oil appears. I am not a fan of using as a finishing powder because, frankly, my skin gets all unnatural in real time.

It's great, though, when your skin gets the normal oily, dewy. Then I dab a brush, tap it, and then swipe it around my nose, sides of nose, forehead, chin. It looks good.

No breakouts. Along with the MUFE F&B, its like real skin only rather better.

I REALLY wanted to like this product, I'd heard great things and figured I would pair it with the HD foundation I picked up.
It does nothing for me. I try to use it as a setting powder, but instead of giving me a nice finish it makes my foundation look cakey and highlights flaky skin. I exfoliate/moisturize/prime my face and use a gel-based foundation so it's extremely frustrating to see flakiness.
I've tried using different brushes and very small amounts, but nothing helps, I always get the same effect. I wish it hasn't been so long since I bought it, or else I would return it.
I'll probably end up giving this away or throwing it out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the trial size sample of this about 3 months ago at my local Sephora and I am still using it. This stuff lasts forever and its amazing. If you have oily skin like me this will really help because it will make your face matte and take away the shine without looking cakey or like you applied a bunch of makeup on your face. I have heard a lot of reviewers say that it turns your face white and I think they must be using way too much. What I do is I put a very small amount in the lid then swirl, tap and put it on. You put it on kinda how you would mineral makeup. The only thing I hate about this product is the packaging. It doesnt have a sifter and for a while when I had a lot left in the jar, product would get everywhere when I opened the lid so that was a pain. Other than that I really love this. I use it as a setting powder over my foundation, and then also throughout the day to control oil/shine! Will repurchase again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

FABULOUS! I love this powder. It's so fine that it truly is "invisible" and the silica does a smashing job at imparting a smooth, soft-focus look. It does a great job at keeping oil at bay, and one of the best things about it is that you can apply it over ALL of your makeup (blush, eyeshadow, whatever) because it is transparent. A little goes a loooong way, so even the half size jar will last a long, long time.

I love this product! Puts the best finish on my face and lasts all day.
I found it great in photos too. Actualy I found I looked better in my photos with it on. I have paler skin though, I would imagine this might not work for someone with medium to darker skin tones.
I even applied over top of my tleclerc powders as a final finish and still loved it.
Definitely something that will become hg for me.