MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 44-55

3.6

100 silica

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and small. It works just fine in my T zone where I don't want shine and to set concealer.

I have dry skin and do not use it to absorb oil

A nice thin transparent powder. Found ELF to be the same (LOL)

Got in the sample size, still not done. Like the tiny container and keep it in my make up bag as it comes in handy and doesn't take up too much space.

I then can refill when done, probably will go with ELF

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm glad I got the smaller trial size of this finishing powder (y'know the tempting little sizes they have luring you when you're in the lineup at Sephora?). It's an okay setting powder but in my experience, it's no better than MAC's Prep and Prime and it costs quite a bit more for what, on me at least, is the same end result. I've also heard (though not experienced it myself) that this powder gives that dreaded ghostly "flash-back" effect if worn for flash photography. I hope they've changed the packaging because even on the full size, it was awful - nothing to close off the holes/sifter so not practical at all when travelling. Anyway, it's a good product (make sure you use it very sparingly....same applies to MAC) and if you are really into MUFE, get this but if you want to save your pennies, MAC is a better purchase.

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is amazing! When properly applied (I use a kibuki brush) and used sparingly, it finishes your face so that your makeup lasts throughout the day. It's my new HG powder.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I liked this powder very much until I saw that unfortunate photo of Nicole Kidman wearing it for flash pictures. Then Wayne Goss did a demo of what happens when you use this with a flash and I immediately put a big sticker on the lid warning how terrible it is for photos. With everyone having cameras on their phones, the chances of being flash photographed are very great! It is not worth the risk. Yes, it is a nice powder, but not irreplacable. Watch Wayne's Youtube video and check it out for yourselves!

Great powder - My skin has never looked better - My husband of 20 years said "Wow your skin looks great!" This from a man that does not notice when I change my hair color.

This powder is seriously over-hyped. Unless you have super, super oily skin, this blank-matte, ashy, chalky stuff will sit on you face with a deathly pallor. Sure, it's really finely milled - meaning every time you open the jar a huge cloud will disperse into the air. No matter how light a hand you have with no matter how excellent the brush, it's just ghostly. Yes, it will airbrush your pores, at the price of leaving you looking like a zombie.

Does look great in photos, tho - if you're seeking to appear as a cast member from Twilight. Not street makeup for anyone but those truly cursed with a fountain of oil. And then only if you happen to be a vampire-wanna-be.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

For the price, and the size, this seems expensive.

The trick is you need so little to give you a flawless face. And, I love to apply it with a small puff (LM, Shiseido make the best small puffs). I then buff it out with a big fat brush. If you use a large brush or even a kabuki brush you waste a lot of product.

This gives a silky translucence to the skin. Evens out pores and makes makeup look perfect.

What more could anyone want from a small pot of powder?

MUFE HD powder has solved a big problem. I have dry skin, so oily, shiny mattifying issues mean nothing to me.

I just need a little to set the concealer under my eyes. That's it. Have tried tons of powders and all were cakey no matter how little I used. THIS applied with a 224 eyeshadow brush is the answer. I love figuring things out that you don't read in magazines and books. Sigh. I love this stuff. It is so silky and soft. I have to keep reminding myself to think outside the box to solve problems.

HTH even one person! Under eye issues are so frustrating and talk about making ya look old!!! I will update if I find something else that helps further!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder has become my new HG. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and have a problem with powders being too yellow or dark for me. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and absolutely DO NOT want a powdery finish to my face.

MUFE HD Loose Powder wins on all counts. It blends in perfectly with my foundation (MUFE HD Liquid, 110) doesn't turn yellow or cake.

Yes, it's expensive, but so little goes such a long way that a jar really ought to last you several months. If you are looking cakey or ghostly with this stuff, you may be using too much. I work a *tiny* amount - about the size of a split pea - into my kabuki brush and that does it for my whole face. Use a big brush and apply with a light hand. You will look lovely and the jar will last and last.