MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.9

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It’s amazing for me. It sets my spf and it doesn’t set into lines.

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.

Loved it when I first used it because your skin literally glides after using it to set your foundation. I was actually sold when I tested it on my hand in Sephora. I was shocked (yes, shocked) at how velvety smooth my skin felt. However, I do find that it can make your makeup look thicker and cakier than it already is, especially if you are using a heavier foundation so my advice is to use it sparingly with a kabuki brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

Before I begin with my review, let me just list the pros and cons of this product

Pros:
-versatile (I'll explain this down a little moreE)
-not cakey looking at all!
-does make skin look smoother and more poreless
-doesn't break me out
-improved container (there's a little stub on the top now that makes the powder less likely to fall everywhere when you open it)

Cons:
-price (damn, like 40 dollars a jar)
-highlights flakey/dry skin
-messy

I really REALLY like this product because it absorbs oil really well and does make my skin look a lot smoother. Not only that, but it's versatile. By versatility I mean, I put it under my eyes and dab a little bit on my mascara so it doesn't give me that panda rim LOL (I'm quite oil at times). It also works really well on lips if you want a matte lip but don't have a matte lipstick!

That being said, this powder DOES highlight flakey skin. Make sure you exfoliate everyday if using this. Despite that improved packaging, it's still very messy to use. As soon as I open/close the jar, tons of powder fall everywhere (perhaps it's inevitable?).

Overall, I do like this product a lot and would buy it again. The price, however, hurts me and my wallet deeply.

Thanks for reading! (:

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I'm going to have to be a downer here and give this a so-so review, despite its massive popularity (which I really do understand---this product is perfect for a certain skin type...just not mine).

About me: I have quite fair, dry skin.

Pros:
- Controls oil pretty well. (Or it would, if I had any to speak of.)
- Despite its white colour, it doesn't actually look white on the skin, although I imagine it might appear whiter on someone who isn't already as white as me.
- Very finely-milled.

Cons:
- Very expensive, at $39 CAD, for what amounts to a pot of finely-milled silica (which is indeed the only ingredient in this powder). e.l.f. has a similar powder for $6.
- May show up very white on deep skintones.
- It's not suitable for dry skin, and will cling to and enhance the appearance of dry patches. It's a very dry powder, by virtue of being pure silica.

It wasn't an awful product by any means! And I can see why others love it. It just wasn't for me and my needs. If you have dry skin, you may want to skip this; however, if you have oily or combo skin, you may love this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

I love the powder it keeps me oil free all day long!! The powder is so fine that it really blends my makeup and it looks airbrushed on. The only problem is the packaging. There is no way to dispense the product without creating a mess!