Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.1

100 silica

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

MUFE HD Powder goes a bit white for me and I'm very pale. It also catches on dry flakes.

I compared it to...

- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, which is more beige and blends into my skin better
- MAC Prep and Prime is very similar but more transparent and believable on me than MUFE
- RMS "Un" Powder is absolutely invisible with great performance (blurs imperfections, mattes shine)

The last 2 are my picks for HG powders.

When I first bought this, I hoped it would mattify my face as I tend to have an oily T zone. The packaging is sleek and classy, which made me buy it. This product would leave me matte for about an hour til I was forced to reapply again. The powder is translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on the face. However during my use of this product in the warm weather (I live in California) this product simply is trash! It wouldn't keep me matte for an hour. Since the weather here is constantly sunny, I do sweat (not profusely) but the places where I would apply the powder the sweat would STAY in place. I have used this product for over a year and I'm now looking for a replacement to this.

I love this I'm on my 3 rd small one because it cost less and u get more with the little ones. Te packaging is annoying so I poke holes in the sticker to make it less messy. It makes my skin soft , blurs everything, and doesn't look cakey:)!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm not feeling this product. I'd much rather use my MAC Loose Blot Powder. This stuff is too pricey, you have to be very careful with the amount you use (or you WILL get somewhat of a whitish cast) and, because it's 100% silica, it is *so* fine that I feel like I'm wasting it when I use it, as it floats all through the atmosphere. To top it off, I don't notice it keeping shine away like I expected it to.

After buying one of the travel size containers at Sephora and making it last for nearly 9 months, I just went back and bought another. I will say that I had trouble dealing with that little jar, so ended up buying an empty loose powder container at Sephora to put it in. I have to mention, that I don't apply this until an early touch up time about and hour or 2 after initial makeup application. And even then, with a small brush and VERY sparingly. Just enough to get rid of any shine. And then I'm set for the better part of the rest of the day. If you are having trouble looking pasty or pale, you are using way too much. Anyway, have tried Sheer Minerals and it just didn't work as well. So, was back for more of this. I used to use MAC Studio Fix for YEARS. I like this now because it really doesn't add more coverage, just gives you a nice, poreless finish. Perfecto.

I feel kinda dumb for buying this product. The entire reason I bought it is because I assumed it was the powder you should use for photographs b/c it says HD and it's translucent. There's no SPF in it, so I assumed it would just be translucent and there'd be no issues with a white tint. In reality, it leaves a significant white tint to your face and looks powdery. It made my already pale face look even paler after I applied it over my foundation.

I purchased the kit (makeup primer and powder). Love the makeup and primer and I thought I liked the powder. The powder is silky smooth but I happened to run across a video that showed what happens in the event someone takes a picture with a flash. I was like "No way!" so I tried it myself with my Canon DSLR and sure enough there it was. I was mortified. There should be some kind of disclaimer on this product.

Can you imagine wearing this on a special day (photography session) and ending up looking like you have white paint all over your face?

I would NOT recommend this powder to anyone ... ever!

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Love this stuff. Just need a small amount and your foundation will last all day.

If you use a lot it will give you a white cast. I was told to use a pea sized amount with a kabuki brush. Instead of 'sweeping' it across your face just merely buff it. Meaning, go in little circular motions all over your face rather than sweeping it left to right. Hope that makes sense.

Have bought this multiple times and will continue to use this as my setting powder.

Overview:
I have so many loose powders from my many years of purchasing make up and I bought this one after being introduced to it from a friend. I think this powder is better than average. It keeps my oily skin matte for longer periods than most powders. It leaves the skin with a nice silky texture. It doesn't cake up my make up or skin and it doesn't cause problems with make up application after I apply it. It's not my favourite but I do like it!

My Skin:
I'm combination-oily with a bit of acne. I did have a few years of being acne free but that's long gone. I can be sensitive to SPF products and I will have a strong reaction. As for my skintone, I'm a Shu 764, Shiseido O20, and MAC NC25. I have golden undertones so most brands do not match me. They're either too pink or too peachy.

Product Characteristics (Colour or Textures):
This powder comes in a small pot with a built in filter to help dispense a smaller amount of powder. I prefer a bigger and flatter pot so I can use the lid to swirl the product around and distribute the powder better on the brush. The powder has no pigmentation and can be easily buffed into the skin without leaving any apparent colour or sheen. Though I do not see any large claims to be mattifying, it does keep my oily skin more matte longer than other powders. This is a nice bonus as it keeps my make up looking fresher longer.

Results:
I've used this powder off and on for about 2 years. I've been using the same pot so this has lasted quite a long time. There is probably 90% remaining in the pot still. I've used this as a bridemaid and also when I go out at nights. In pictures, it does not create a 'white panda' or 'ghost' effect on my skin. My skin looks matte, skinlike, and does not affect any skin colour at all in the pictures. As for business day, this works great as it keep my foundation looking great and I need less powder touch ups during the day. I've had zero reactions which makes me very happy!

Cost:
In Canada, this is a bit on the pricey side but not unreasonable for a ME - HE department store brand. It does last a long time so it's a good value.

Why I Like it:
It keeps my foundation looking fresh longer and matte much longer than most powders. I have no reactions to it and it does not look like anything in pictures.

Why I don't like it:
There's nothing wrong with it. I prefer other brands because it has better results or they have better packaging but overall, it's a good solid loose powder.

Would I buy it again?
It might not be my first choice to repurchase if all my loose powder was used up but I would consider repurchasing it.