Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

For the price and hype I was unimpressed with this product. Messy and my skin felt a bit itchy. Also made my face feel very dry :(

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

I purchased this because I wanted to give another setting powder a try. I also received a mini jar sample of this from Sephora. I put this on after foundation and took a flash photo and what do you know it makes me look like an ashy ghost. It feels super drying as well. I have yellow/neutral tones about an NC25 for reference, definitely not going to recommend this to my darker skintoned babes. Immediately returned the unopened box back to the store. I'm swearing off any setting powders with silica.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

I bought this in a sample size after reading rave reviews. Unfortunately, the first day I tried this was before an out of town shopping trip. To my horror, when I went into a dressing room to try on a pair of jeans, I noticed about ten *really* red bumps scattered about my otherwise clear face. These weren't pimples, mind you, just red irritated dots.

I figured it was the powder, so I tried it again on a weekend when I didn't have to go out in public. The same thing happened. This product just wasn't for me.

I ended up giving it to a coworker who loves it, though.

When I first bought this, I hoped it would mattify my face as I tend to have an oily T zone. The packaging is sleek and classy, which made me buy it. This product would leave me matte for about an hour til I was forced to reapply again. The powder is translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on the face. However during my use of this product in the warm weather (I live in California) this product simply is trash! It wouldn't keep me matte for an hour. Since the weather here is constantly sunny, I do sweat (not profusely) but the places where I would apply the powder the sweat would STAY in place. I have used this product for over a year and I'm now looking for a replacement to this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

way too expensive for a product with ONE ingredient- silica. you can buy silica powder dirt cheap from coastal scents and put it into a sifter jar. same exact thing for about five times less $$$$.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really not too sure what this product does for me, because I still shine after 3-4 hours of application. I use it after my loose powder, and I feel that it has the same effect of a loose powder.

Expensive.

Creates a really big mess when opening, using, and closing it. Really bad packaging design.

Wouldn't repurchase as I feel that MUFE is simply trying to scam women into purchasing more of their products when they can simply apply 2 layers of loose powder and achieve the same effect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros;
- was super finely milled, truly translucent and made my makeup look perfect.
- A lot of product in the container

Cons:
- expensive $34 US
- 100% silica it left white patches on my face with flash photography. I just can't justify the price since I need it for so little and I would be paranoid about going out with friends and taking photos
- loose and messy

I bought the small size from Ulta for $10.

I don't know if I got a bad one or if this product just doesn't work for me. It doesn't set my concealer (it still creases) but it causes the concealer to be cakey. I tried setting my whole face with this and I was an oil slick by midday (if it even took that long; probably oily before then!). It just doesn't work with my Studio Fix fluid.