MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.4

100 silica

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OHHHH MY GOODNESS!!!! Where has this stuff been all my life? I'm honestly in a state of absolute shock! This is the most amazing, loveliest face powder of all time.....

I walked into Sephora looking for Hourglass finishing powder. I started using it recently after having received a generous sample of it, and I really like it. My Sephora didn't have it, and the sales clerk introduced me to this. She told me they can't keep it in stock and I can see why.

I loved it the moment I tried it, but all too often, I adore something in the store, take it home, and well..... Not this time. Everytime I use this, I marvel at how gorgeous my skin looks and feels. In fact, more often than not, I don't use any foundation at all - just a very thin layer of Monistat Chafing Powder Gel and a dusting of this. My skin looks great in the morning and just as great at dinner time and THAT has been the case through the hellish month of August.

Some mua'ers commented that at $30, this is a pricey item. I don't think so. In fact, I'd happily pay twice that price. HAPPILY !

Perfection. I hate glittery, sparkly, makeup and think it looks terrible on older woman. If you want a matte look like so many of the magazines show, then this is for you. Skin routine of the month: Dermalogica line.

Was Using Lancome Dual Finishing Powder and wonder why at 55,, my pores were gigantic. Turns out it has mineral oil in it or something. Using Dior Nudeskin in Neutral Beige or Guerlain Parure Extreme in Beige Moyen foundation. Alternate with L'Oreal Absolut Foundation in Sun Beige to save money (actually a really good product).

Dab and blend a little Clinque cream stick blush on cheek bones.

#1 SECRET TO USING THIS
I found that if you only open the cellophane protection a tiny bit (ONLY LEAVING 2 HOLES FOR PRODUCT TO COME Out) and leave it on, you can have way more control over how much product comes out.

2). Shake and turn upside down and there should be only a few specks of white powder in lid of jar. No spillage at all.

3) Take your big old brush(Eco brush for 6.00 works great) that you only use for finishing powder and BEFORE you put your mascara and eyebrow makeup on- dip brush in the few little specks of powder in lid.

4) Over your finished foundation and blush - use big, soft, circular motions over entire face. Repeat 2 or 3x.

5) your face should NOT be white from the powder

6)Apply eyebrow makeup and mascara. (Eyeshadow and liner already applied)

7) Apply a little bit of powder blush on your cheekbones if you so desire and your lipstick.
Done.
If you have ever been instructed how to use Bare Mineral Veil (highly allergic to) you put this on much the same way. If your face has any white on it from product, you are using way too much.
The look is as close to perfection when all is said and done on my face at least.. I just love this product. It is finely milled. I tried Laura Mercier's similar finishing powder and not the same. Ingredients in the ELF finishing powder that everyone is raving about: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Silica
The MUF finishing powder list the ingredients: Silica. Afraid to use Elf due to highly sensitive skin, I don't think something with Vinyl in it would be too good.
You can get the $15 dollar travel size at JC Pennys sephora store and it should last a long time if you follow the above directions. Don't know how to describe it but that my makeup looks, well, "finished" and last all day with this stuff.

MUFE HD powder has solved a big problem. I have dry skin, so oily, shiny mattifying issues mean nothing to me.

I just need a little to set the concealer under my eyes. That's it. Have tried tons of powders and all were cakey no matter how little I used. THIS applied with a 224 eyeshadow brush is the answer. I love figuring things out that you don't read in magazines and books. Sigh. I love this stuff. It is so silky and soft. I have to keep reminding myself to think outside the box to solve problems.

HTH even one person! Under eye issues are so frustrating and talk about making ya look old!!! I will update if I find something else that helps further!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Who would have thought air-jet mill sand can be this good !!!
My skin is dry, and using the Derm's prescription liquid nightly for melasma further dries my skin out. My skin tone is NC 30-35, now is more like a 32, but by August it may be like 37 or so.
Since this powder is 100% silica, without silicone, nor moisturizing agent like hyaluronic acid and such, it simply makes my skin look flaky, even with moisturiser underneath. Secondly, because of my skin tone & its dryness, the powder looks like a hazy shade of chalky whitish look on it, at least for 30 minutes or so until the skin's moisture assimilate with the powder, not good.
I am giving it 3 lippies b/c that's what this product is worth to me, which does not mean this is a bad product, not at all.
This powder offers a totally matte look, which is appealing for oily, younger skin (which I once had and I can identified with) or someone living in a humid environment. But for older skin, hmmmm,... proceed with caution.
Good thing I can take it back to Sephora.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to like this powder, i really did. Its so silky feeling it seems like it should be as magical as it feels. But I am over the hype of silky feeling products because i now know that silicone based products may feel silky but it doesn't mean they work for your makeup needs. truthfully this product intimidates me because I never know what its going to do to different foundations. as a professional makeup artist i have several different foundations i use on different people on any given day and i avoid this powder like the plague because sometimes its beautiful with a foundation and sometimes it totally ruins it. silicone is not compatible with all products, its just not. they play nice with some and look beautiful, and with others its like mixing oil and water. just make sure you test it at the counter with whatever you are using first. its not full proof for sure. I bought a jar of this powder 3 years ago and i cant' bring myself to toss it because it was so expensive i'm waiting to find the perfectly compatible foundation to use it with. i know its out there! (oh who am i kidding. i should just toss it and quit tripping over it in the makeup trailer!)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how this loose powder doesn't show any of my fine lines and wrinkles, but if i use too much you can get a ghosty look on your face and i also noticed that you can't take pictures with this powder at nightime or indoors with a flash because white lines will show up all over your face on the phots. so if you use this powder i would recommend it for day use and put it on lightly and it works well.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this powder; it sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my T-zone shine free for hours. It is a finely milled powder and goes on easily, but it will initially make you look like a ghost. I just use another larger brush and really work the powder into my skin.....that gets rid of the white color and seems to really set my foundation. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm not feeling this product. I'd much rather use my MAC Loose Blot Powder. This stuff is too pricey, you have to be very careful with the amount you use (or you WILL get somewhat of a whitish cast) and, because it's 100% silica, it is *so* fine that I feel like I'm wasting it when I use it, as it floats all through the atmosphere. To top it off, I don't notice it keeping shine away like I expected it to.

Great powder - My skin has never looked better - My husband of 20 years said "Wow your skin looks great!" This from a man that does not notice when I change my hair color.