MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.8

100 silica

I got this product as a sample from Sephora. I thought, what the hey, I've been thinking about getting the invisible powder from MAC, why not try this one out since it's white, too. BOY, when I tried this out, it made my NC30 skin look CHALKY. I didn't really notice until I walked by a mirror and did a double take. It made my face look like a ghost. This product isn't for me, but luckily I got it as a sample.

I just picked this up today as a gift with my purchase from Sephora. It looks deceving because of it's white pigment, but it goes on very sheer. You have to use this sparingly or it could make you look ashy. The MA at the store emphasized that a little goes a long way. She was dead on. This little sample could last me weeks. I definitely will be buying a jar when I run out of this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The most amazing loose powder I have ever used, andd I have used many! From Nars (which is my 2nd favorite) to YSL, this is unlike any other. The texture is pure silk. It gives a natural soft focus look to your skin, just like they advertise it. I've never quite seen anything like it. I use the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus foundation with this, and people compliment my skin every day. Definitely my HG.

I spent so much money at sephora that I earned enough points for a "free gift". *snorts* anyway, I chose this because its MUFE, right? Anyway, the cashier said is was a translucent powder.... not further explanation. I get home and tool around with it, anyway, I had just used Sephora's self-tanning mist about an hour earlier and my face looked and felt a tad greasy, so I applied this to my face and immediately it made my skin feel smooth, not at all sticky or greasy.
****
I'm guessing this is basically glorified baby powder, which I've never purchased. But this has NO baby powder smell to it! No smell at all really, which I love because I don't want my makeup to dictate how I smell.
****
Anyway, I'm not usually oily, but I live in the desert and I will be sweating everytime I get in my car this summer, I'm carrying this in my purse for sure.
****
I'll update if something horrible happens... but so far its great. Thank god for free sephora loot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really like this powder. It doesn't make me totally matte- just very airbrushed and even looking. It isn't sparkly so it doesn't give a "glowy" mineral makeup look, which I like. It's 100% silica- no talc or cornstarch. It didn't control my oil well, but I do have oily skin and wore it over a stick cream foundation, so it might just be my skin/makeup. A little goes a long way and the jar is big so it's worth the money. I finally found a good finishing powder that's free of shimmer, talc, cornstarch, and bismuth oxychloride!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff is really awesome. It sets any liquid foundation and really works well with the Velvet + Matifying Foundation from the same line. I definitely recommend this, it feels lovely on the skin! Like you're not wearing any makeup! And it gets rid of any shine.

the best finishing powder ever!!!!

`i just wanna make it clear that it is TRANSLUSCENT!!!
it wont cover up redness or anything like that so if you wanna go light on makeup then you would have to either put another powder with color to cover up a little before putting this on!!

just get your foundation and concealer right then you brush this on and at first you will look a little more white-ish but when it blends in, OMG your pores will look nonexistent and it tightens your face! not tighten as in your skin will feels dry and tight but it will tighten the makeup on your face and make it feel like you dont have any on!!!!

the best finishing powder ever!!!!

I have been looking forward to this release, actually the recent spate of "HD TV Makeup" starting from Cargo to MUFE, have all been really impressive - and the next brand launch of an HD TV makeup line will have a lot to compete with.
This is different from every other "fine mill airbrush" type powder I have tried, firstly it is purely silica, and an extremely fine mill! Also I believe this is probably the BEST finish of all the powders I have (and yes I have more than three dozen loose powders, mostly from mid-end, high end and luxury brands)... so as an affirmative from a powder-collector freak, this is excellent!

Let's get the bad points out of the way, price-yes perhaps (but that is not a criteria I use to decide on purchases anymore - since quality/function is more important).. Packaging - I do not like the narrow jar with low rims, end up wasting product if you are in a rush, I actually prefer the Jill Stuart (or say Chanel Poudre Libre, or La Mer) type bulky and oversized containers,there is still room to let you mix and tap powder back into the container, whereas the MUFE powder overflows..

Also, compared to other powders I have tried this does have the best finish (will discuss below) but here are some alternatives for MUFE HD powder if for any reason it does not work well for you - There is the Dior Extreme translucent powder (released in 2008), also a Chanel Cristalline loose powder, Laura Mercier secret brightening powder, or the By Terry loose powder (in a range of flesh tones, corrective tones and translucent tones), the La Mer/ Giorgio Armani are excellent mill too but it is tinted. Also the Japanese brand Canmake makes a good and cheap powder with a similar type of mill to the MUFE/airmill type powders. Also I just recently came across the Pure Luxe silica powder, but the first review has mentioned (quite usefully) that the MUFE powder has a superior mill.

Why it is the best - the finish is excellent, truly an airbrushed softening effect and does not emphasise pores or bumps. It can be used as a finishing powder and alone for a simple polished look. I do think that one does need to have good skin texture and skin tone for this powder to work at its best, simply because it is a translucent finish which will have very little effect for colour correction or coverage. I rarely use powders that are heavier than medium sheer coverage anyway as I do not think that is the true purpose of a cosmetic loose powder.

BTW I am NC30 with warm undertones, this does not make me look ghostly but does have a brightening/lightening effect. All I have is baby smooth skin..........!

An update - I forgot to comment on the oil controlling properties - I think it is average, because I always use a layer of rice/silk powder underneath anyway, and being winter in the southern hemisphere - my normally over oily skin is actually becoming a lot drier, so while I still had shine at the end of the day, the powder did not oxidise or disappear, and my face looked OK. I am not sure if I would use alone in summer, as my skin tends to be oilier and the humidity is very high... but even though it is a fine mill powder it is more absorbent than say talc based pressed/loose powders.

continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Don't buy if you have dry skin. Any moisture that you had will be sucked out and replaced with gross, scaly, peeling skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'd like this product more if it didn't make me $30 poorer. I use it after using tinted moisturizer, and it takes that oily look away instantly. It makes my already small pores on my cheeks nearly invisible. Seems to have decent staying power. It definitely does not do what it claims, to blur away imperfections, at least not other than decrease the size of larger-than-desirable pores perhaps, but I like it for its oil absorbing properties. I have tan skin right now and the whiteness actually does seem to make me look a tiny bit paler, though it looks natural, you wouldn't be able to tell it's the powder that's doing that. I'd recommend this for someone with oily skin, but for dry skin, I'd definitely look somewhere else for something cheaper and just as effective. This is not the miracle worker I thought it would be.