Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

100 silica

Chalk me up among the fans of this product. I swear, it would mattify Crisco. I have oily skin and I HATE the pseudo-glowy look. I've "glowed" all my life and trust me, it sucks.

Anyway, this powder is great. I use it on all my foundations and it never fails to make me look soft and matte, but NOT dry or powdery. It does not add any color, and keeps the oilies at bay for a looooong time, too. What's not to love?

Ok, I know I raved about this when reviewing a foundation or other, so I'm sure people will think someone put a quarter in me and hit the 'replay' button. But I MUST give this powder its own review.

I used this on several fdts., and it always made me look soft-focused, and kept the oilies at bay. But I found that it gives the very best results when used on "emollient" foundations. I tried this on Laura Mercier's new Smooth Cream Foundation, and on Maybelline's new Fit Me. Now let me tell you that when I use either of those fdts. on their own, I am an oil slick from the get go. If I put any other loose powder on them, it takes a little longer for me to "glow": like an hour (rolleyes).

But when I put this little gem on either of the above-mentioned fdts., they last hours AND I don't look cakey, dry, powdery, lined, or tired. I tried it several times and I always got the same excellent result. I blot my T-zone after 3 hours, but more out of habit than real need. Since it's so bloody expensive, I will reserve this powder for creamy foundations, which I think I will be wearing more often as I live in an bone-dry, place, and oil-absorbing fdts., tend to make me look a bit too dry at the end of the day (I think I'll reserve those for summer, which is also dry, here, but very very hot).

This is really a wonderful powder. I strongly recommend it, especially for oily skins.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very happy with this powder. It is ultra fine milled and has better lasting powder than any other powder I've used. It never looks cakey or drying. No detectable fragrance. It adds no color so it doesn't change how your foundation, blush, eye shadow look underneath. Price is reasonable. Oh I really like it. They're sure to discontinue it now.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

DEFINITELY WORTH BUYING, If your makeup settles into crinkles under your eyes, this is the product to get to STOP THAT. I use a cream concealer and then with one finger cover over with just a very thin coat of this stuff. No crinkles.

Being the makeup 'ho that I am, I have been searching for a loose powder that I really love and this has come the closest so far. Even though my face isn't quite as oily as it has been for the last 35 years or so (probably due to nightly use of renova, and, within the last month, the clarisonic) I always need to set my foundation with loose powder or it will be all over my face by 11:00 am. This is the lightest powder I have ever used (including silk powder) and it holds back the oil better than anything I have ever tried. It doesn't dry out my face or settle in fine lines. I actually like the dispenser because my method for application is to turn the jar upside down and tap a bit of the powder onto a large puff and then roll and press the powder onto my face. I have large pores and have been using this method since I've used loose powder. Just brushing the powder on with a brush does nothing for me at all except make me look as though there is loose powder sitting on top of my face. Using this method, I rarely overpowder, which can give a ghostly, dried out look. Instead, I have a smooth, airbrushed finish.

Although the container is very small, I use very little and I think this will last a long time. Well worth the money and yes, I will definitely buy again.