Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.4

100 silica

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and small. It works just fine in my T zone where I don't want shine and to set concealer.

I have dry skin and do not use it to absorb oil

A nice thin transparent powder. Found ELF to be the same (LOL)

Got in the sample size, still not done. Like the tiny container and keep it in my make up bag as it comes in handy and doesn't take up too much space.

I then can refill when done, probably will go with ELF

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how this loose powder doesn't show any of my fine lines and wrinkles, but if i use too much you can get a ghosty look on your face and i also noticed that you can't take pictures with this powder at nightime or indoors with a flash because white lines will show up all over your face on the phots. so if you use this powder i would recommend it for day use and put it on lightly and it works well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a setting powder and MUFE website states that it is good for dry skin. Saw some reviews on YT how this powder is great for setting undereye concealer. This is one of the most drying powders I have ever used. Get this powder if you want every little fine line you didn't even know you have to appear after an hour. Even worse is that it doesn't even set concealer that well.

I use the tiniest amount and still find this product incredibly drying. Plus you nearly inhale enough to choke just opening then lid although the little well to press the brush into is a nice feature. It does create a smooth look initially so maybe those with bigger pores or oily skin would like the effect so I gave it two stars for those users.

I got this as a less expensive alternative to Cle de Peau. Going straight back to CDP.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this powder; it sets my makeup beautifully and keeps my T-zone shine free for hours. It is a finely milled powder and goes on easily, but it will initially make you look like a ghost. I just use another larger brush and really work the powder into my skin.....that gets rid of the white color and seems to really set my foundation. Overall, I am pleased with the product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to like this powder, i really did. Its so silky feeling it seems like it should be as magical as it feels. But I am over the hype of silky feeling products because i now know that silicone based products may feel silky but it doesn't mean they work for your makeup needs. truthfully this product intimidates me because I never know what its going to do to different foundations. as a professional makeup artist i have several different foundations i use on different people on any given day and i avoid this powder like the plague because sometimes its beautiful with a foundation and sometimes it totally ruins it. silicone is not compatible with all products, its just not. they play nice with some and look beautiful, and with others its like mixing oil and water. just make sure you test it at the counter with whatever you are using first. its not full proof for sure. I bought a jar of this powder 3 years ago and i cant' bring myself to toss it because it was so expensive i'm waiting to find the perfectly compatible foundation to use it with. i know its out there! (oh who am i kidding. i should just toss it and quit tripping over it in the makeup trailer!)

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm not feeling this product. I'd much rather use my MAC Loose Blot Powder. This stuff is too pricey, you have to be very careful with the amount you use (or you WILL get somewhat of a whitish cast) and, because it's 100% silica, it is *so* fine that I feel like I'm wasting it when I use it, as it floats all through the atmosphere. To top it off, I don't notice it keeping shine away like I expected it to.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm glad I got the smaller trial size of this finishing powder (y'know the tempting little sizes they have luring you when you're in the lineup at Sephora?). It's an okay setting powder but in my experience, it's no better than MAC's Prep and Prime and it costs quite a bit more for what, on me at least, is the same end result. I've also heard (though not experienced it myself) that this powder gives that dreaded ghostly "flash-back" effect if worn for flash photography. I hope they've changed the packaging because even on the full size, it was awful - nothing to close off the holes/sifter so not practical at all when travelling. Anyway, it's a good product (make sure you use it very sparingly....same applies to MAC) and if you are really into MUFE, get this but if you want to save your pennies, MAC is a better purchase.

Don't know what all the hype is over this stuff. I bought the travel size to give it a try after reading so many glowing reviews,its not that great and certainly not worth the price. I'm returning my unused portion to Sephora. I tried and used BM's mineral veil and the concept and feel is very similar although I preferred the mineral veil if I had to chose-it has a silkier feel. This stuff tends to make dry spots around my nose area, and its drying overall and I have to apply quite a bit to get any noticeable effect. Its going back.

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is amazing! When properly applied (I use a kibuki brush) and used sparingly, it finishes your face so that your makeup lasts throughout the day. It's my new HG powder.