MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.7

100 silica

I have oily combination skin, but my under eye area is dry and suffers from heavy dark circles. I used to use the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer in the little round pot, and while that salmon color and the hydrating properties of this concealer were great, it was too emollient and migrated here and there and taking away my liner and mascara with it. At that time the SA had convinced me to invest in the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting powder, which for some reason so many people love, but I found to be horrible and settle into every line and wrinkle I never knew I had. That powder made my skin look reptilian, and aside from my under eye, I have pretty decent skin. So after searching for a decent under eye setting powder, I found Rouge Bunny Rouge, which is my HG, along with this MUFE powder. I was so loyal to my Rouge Bunny Rouge, I wasn`t willing to buy a full size of MUFE, until I found it in a travel size compact at a Sephora in Europe and that`s how we became acquainted. This is as good as my RBR, and although the price point is comparable, MUFE is more easily accessible in Japan, so I will go and purchase a full size of this soon. It works great with all my concealers, the moisturizing and the drier ones I use in summer, it doesn`t settle into lines or emphasize pores and dryness at all. It is an HG setting powder, especially for mature ladies with under eye issues.

I have bought this many times over the years and it’s my favorite finishing powder. However, I hate this latest packaging, so messy and wastes a lot of product

This is an OK finishing powder. It's the most finely milled one I've ever tried, so I'll give it that. But I find this super drying and it also brings out any fine lines and wrinkles on my face and makes it so they're very obvious. A better description might be that when I use this as a finishing powder, I look much, much older. However, you only have to use a little bit of this to set your makeup, so a little goes a long way. If you have very oily skin, this might be for you. If you have any dryness or combination skin, especially if you have any fine lines or wrinkles, stay away from this product. Also, if you are often in photos with flash, don't wear this. It has horrible flash back.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin is combo, acne prone. I use this to set my makeup every single day. I have dark skin and yes, I only use this during the day because it will flashback at night :) It look amazing during the day and gives a natural, flawless. finish that is never cakey. At night I use my MUFE compact in Chocolate/218 to set my makeup.

My combo, textured skin does not like talc at all, and this is one of the very few high quality loose powders that is talc free and silica based. The finish is AMAZING, conceals pores, absorbs oil, sets makeup very well. It is gentle, not full of crazy ingredients and is just awesome. I prefer to apply it with a medium size fluffy brush. You can adjust though - a beauty blender or velour powder puff will apply it heavier for a SUPER matte finish that can last for 7+ hours.

I'm glad they made the container wider, but you get less product for more $$. However, it lasts a long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I an always on a look-out for matifying powders. Long-term :) this one is not the case. It does matify my skin for a little while and it is very finely milled but i love it the most to set up my undereye concealer. It's great at that. And it goes a long way. Will definitely re-purchase.

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

I love this loose powder ! My face looks so smoth and polished when I use this after my fondation. I will by this again 😄

This is a great mattifying powder that is super silky and goes on like a dream! When I use this I can definitely see a difference in the way my makeup looks and lasts, and I do stay matte for hours longer than if I used a regular face powder.

I had a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and I am nowhere near finishing it yet, you really dont need much of this. It is so finely milled that breathing in the powder when applying is always a risk, and it does tend to fly everywhere. But despite this minor issue, this is a great powder and I will certainly consider buying a full size when my sample size is finished.