Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.6

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin is combo, acne prone. I use this to set my makeup every single day. I have dark skin and yes, I only use this during the day because it will flashback at night :) It look amazing during the day and gives a natural, flawless. finish that is never cakey. At night I use my MUFE compact in Chocolate/218 to set my makeup.

My combo, textured skin does not like talc at all, and this is one of the very few high quality loose powders that is talc free and silica based. The finish is AMAZING, conceals pores, absorbs oil, sets makeup very well. It is gentle, not full of crazy ingredients and is just awesome. I prefer to apply it with a medium size fluffy brush. You can adjust though - a beauty blender or velour powder puff will apply it heavier for a SUPER matte finish that can last for 7+ hours.

I'm glad they made the container wider, but you get less product for more $$. However, it lasts a long time.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I an always on a look-out for matifying powders. Long-term :) this one is not the case. It does matify my skin for a little while and it is very finely milled but i love it the most to set up my undereye concealer. It's great at that. And it goes a long way. Will definitely re-purchase.

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

I love this loose powder ! My face looks so smoth and polished when I use this after my fondation. I will by this again 😄

This is a great mattifying powder that is super silky and goes on like a dream! When I use this I can definitely see a difference in the way my makeup looks and lasts, and I do stay matte for hours longer than if I used a regular face powder.

I had a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and I am nowhere near finishing it yet, you really dont need much of this. It is so finely milled that breathing in the powder when applying is always a risk, and it does tend to fly everywhere. But despite this minor issue, this is a great powder and I will certainly consider buying a full size when my sample size is finished.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Total HG. I've worn this powder every day since I first discovered it several years ago. My #1 most important product in my very well-stocked makeup arsenal.

I went to MuFE counter first time to buy this, seeing the astounding review from high end magazines for a couple of years. I was looking for loose pwdr to replace my bare minerals veil; not that i dun like them but it wasn't sold in my country. So i thought if i can get the replacement that sold in country, it'd best. The SA asked me to also try the HD primer, the camouflage cream, HD concealer (see my review on this) and since i don't wear foundation, he topped it with foundation compact powder and a brush of the HD loose powder. I ended up bought the primer, camouflage cream and concealer and off course the HD loose powder! I quite like the rest but ironically don't like the powder!!! I already re-purchased the primer and concealer but hardly ever use the powder. The powder make my face looks white, chalky, not improving my complexion at all. I only use it once w/out any other powder. I tried to use it sparingly on top of my usual bare mineral veil as the SA told me, but i couldn't see any differences at all!!! It becomes a un-necessary extra step that i've to put up evry morning. Give up after 2-3 times and now it's sitting in my make up drawer. Actually i want to make it works since i already paid for the product and looking at all great reviews about it. But no... Somehow it doesn't work on me.

The only thing that I like about this product is the texture - so fine and silky. This is not, however, a "translucent" powder - it leaves my skin pale, lifeless. Tried to blend it in, to no avail. Too bad, it had potential.