Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.8

100 silica

Love Love Love this powder.
I don't ware make up everyday, so usually one jar of powder will last me a year? or longer.
But this thing, I'm already to the last bit of this one.
I love how it gives my face a instant matte finish but with out looking dull.
And the best part is that it's transparent.
I've used powder products that's ivory or beige, I don't like them. When I use these powders to set the make up, the tinted powder will change my already perfect tone.
I even put this powder on my hair roots when I don't have time to wash my hair and in a rush to go out.
And now since it's humid where I live, I brush a layer on my neck to avoid the stickiness.
Will buy it again.

For the price and hype I was unimpressed with this product. Messy and my skin felt a bit itchy. Also made my face feel very dry :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This powder is all right, I say that because I think the stage brands offer better versions of this. If you apply to much it can cakeup under the eyes or around your dry patches and for us olive to darker skinned women there can be flash back in photos I used this mostly in My T-zone after I have applied a powder that has some pigment to it.

This product is 100% Silica powder therefore Talc-free.
I read the previous review stating that silica is super dangerous but it quotes a site for Health & Safety in construction which I didn't think could be the same material used in cosmetics so I searched for more information and found this to be pretty informative.

All these dangerous chemicals on our faces is stressful, obviously I'd prefer to go make-up free everyday but my skin is blemished with Rosacea, broken veins, open pores, uneven skin-tone, oiliness etc. etc. from even before I used make-up or cosmetics.

Anyway this powder is pretty good I think, maybe it is causing a few spots I can't be sure as I'm also using a new sunscreen - BioDerm Matte 30SPF.
I found this powder gives my makeup a more natural finish than any other powder I've tried.
If you're interested in trying it, get the small pot from Sephora and apply with a soft brush or, if you need extra smoothing, pore-filling results, pat on with a powder puff or pad.

I also mixed it with my BareMinerals powder ( BM in Original which has a lot of sheen to it so it balances out )

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this years ago and used it as a setting powder until I got annoyed with trying to get the powder out and onto my brush. I decided to start using it again on a whim a few weeks ago and started to use it to bake my concealer under my eyes and other areas in my t-zone that get shiny. I loved it. My undereye area felt silky and my pores almost disappeared on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. Then I took a picture with a flash and saw the flashback. It looked horrible. I wish that it didn't do that. I don't get my picture taken every day, but I also don't want to try to find something else that works as well, but doesn't have a flashback.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's a fun extra to have as I was curious to try it out...if you have coin to throw away, but it. I wouldn't bother buy again, I'd rather get a sample

I love this!

The finish is soooo silky smooth and fine. It covers all my pore and gave a glowy (not oily) matte look. I have used it to touch up in the middle of the day after blotting, and my make up just looked fresh again. Face stayed non-oily for a longer time then using the MUFE Ultra Matte loose powder. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I have also purchased the kabuki brush that is recommended for the application, and it blends the powder onto my skin really well without much effort.

It would be a tad bit troublesome to bring it out for touch-ups due to the packaging.

Nonetheless, I still think that this is the best loose powder that I have ever used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love silica powders. They are by far my favorite powders because they control my oil and I'm super Talc sensitive so most others won't work for me. This one is quite light so it's easy to inhale (which I dislike). The new packaging with the mesh is really nice and helps keep the mess down. My biggest complaint is the price. I just can't justify the price when awesome powders like ELF HD are around for so cheap. If I can figure out how to get the top off, I'll refill it with ELF HD powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This keeps me matte and looking flawless, making my pores invisible. I use a baby kabuki with the small pot. No breakouts or clogged pores.

Pros:
- does mattify the skin for maybe 5-6 hours
- makes skin look flawless
- texture is really fine and smooth

Cons:
- makes me look ghostly white in flash

Overall, great powder. Didn't repurchase it because of how it causes flashback. Would probably be good for a daytime look and not night. LOL