Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.7

100 silica

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

this is an okay setting powder... it mattifies without drying my face. it can cakey if you use a little too much which is very easy to do, i meant you only need a little bit otherwise you'le become a ghost 👻, lol. i've tried the mac one aswell but i prefer this one better. i'm deep dark skin and if i go with a light hand it won't change the color of my foundation. it has a good setting power and even kinda makes my foundation water resistant. i do like it yes.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy