Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For someone that has very oily skin, this is a HG!!

My skin starts to get oily less than half an hour after washing my face and shiny oily after an hour, but when I used this to set my makeup my face was matte for at least 3 hours + sweating!! I'm not sure if it would stay matte for longer than that as I used it when I was out at a party and I didn't stay long. It however still impressed me because I haven't found a product which kept my oily skin at bay for longer than half an hour. My face was very smooth as well when I used this.

However I didn't give a full 5/5 as I looked slightly pale in photos with this powder on, but it isn't too big of a problem for me.

Basically,
pros:
-keeps oily skin matte. highly recommended for people with oily skin
-makes skin velvety smooth
-product lasts long
-makeup stayed on well
-doesn't break me out
-doesn't feel heavy/make my skin look cakey
cons:
-slightly pricey
-gave a pale complexion

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up the other day at Sephora as a replacement for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (I will no longer shop at MAC due to animal cruelty after being informed by my vegan husband). It seemed very silky and the SA had told me about how flawless my foundation (MUFE Ultra HD) would look. I happily took it home and began to try it out. First things first, 42$ CAD is a lot for just silica powder. It's a really big container, however, I'm sure I could find something just as good or better for cheaper. It made my face look pretty nice and matte, and did prolong the wear of my foundation, however, the flashback is crazy! You definitely cannot bake with this. It's not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*NOT entirely cruelty free*

My friend gifted this product to me. At first it seemed like a godsend, but now that I am more knowledgeable when it comes to makeup, I have realized that this product isn't all that it has cracked up to be. It is not long-wearing. It lasts approximately 4-6 hours before turning shiny with oil.

Insane flashback in photos and it made me look more pale than I already am, made my skin look decent but I tried baking my under eyes with it & it gave me a weird uncomfortable numbing feeling, bottom line I've used better setting powders (LM translucent powder)

This is an excellent powder! I bought this because I was curious about what a finishing powder could do, but I didn't know how to use it. While I was away for the summer, I ran out of powder, and I wasn't able to go out and buy a replacement for my normal one; so, I decided to put this HD powder to the test. I was not disappointed at all.
The powder itself is white, but it does not cast any white tint onto your face, even when I had to use my darker foundations. It applies clear, and blends flawlessly. Its texture is very fine and smooth, and it gives skin a velvety feel; this must be the "finishing" aspect of this product.
I was really surprised at how mattifying this powder is! Even for my most dewy foundations, the HD powder mattified with ease and actually kept my skin matte for much longer than regular face powders! You can get a solid 8 hours of shine control out of this product without reapplying. I absolutely love it!
My only real issue with this product is the packaging. It's a loose powder in a very classy little container, but the mesh through which the powder comes out is very closely woven. So, it can get difficult to get the powder to come out, especially since it's so velvety, it tends to bind together like flour. If the mesh was slightly wider, then it would be a lot more convenient to dispense the powder.
Also, its price tag carries some weight. You can get a full-size powder for $34, or a slightly smaller one for $19. I got the cheaper one, and it lasted me for a solid 2 months. I definitely recommend this product!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product a while ago at sephora cause I had heard so many people talking about and loving this powder so I thought I'd give it a try - SO GLAD I did.
This is everything when it comes to setting my eye concealer. You don't really need a lot of product, just a very little amount. It doesn't cake or crease under my very dry under eye are.
I just moisturize my skin, put my concealer on and press a tiny bit of this powder on top to seal everything in and I've never had my concealer last so long. I used this along with a MAC concealer and it literally stays on all day!
I've didn't use this to set my foundation yet cause I think it's too expensive for a setting powder, but I will try setting my makeup with this around my nose, where I tend to get very oily, I'll update on that soon.
But this far I can say that I absolutely love love love this powder. Definitely worth its money.

When I first bought this, I hoped it would mattify my face as I tend to have an oily T zone. The packaging is sleek and classy, which made me buy it. This product would leave me matte for about an hour til I was forced to reapply again. The powder is translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on the face. However during my use of this product in the warm weather (I live in California) this product simply is trash! It wouldn't keep me matte for an hour. Since the weather here is constantly sunny, I do sweat (not profusely) but the places where I would apply the powder the sweat would STAY in place. I have used this product for over a year and I'm now looking for a replacement to this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i recetnly started using this product. A coworker told me about it so i went out and bought it and i fell inlove with it, it works amazing! It lasts all day doesnt make my face shiny or oily like my other powder would.

I love this I'm on my 3 rd small one because it cost less and u get more with the little ones. Te packaging is annoying so I poke holes in the sticker to make it less messy. It makes my skin soft , blurs everything, and doesn't look cakey:)!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this powder, i bought it about 2 months ago and iv been using it ever since, i bought the smaller one because the big was was pretty expensive and i heard the small one lasts a really long time. Anyways this power is so fine, it gets into any ridges onto your face and completely smooths everything out, Makes my face look alot more flawless in pictures, would deffinatly recommend this product to anyone whos looking for a setting powder, but if your not willing to spend the price id recommend buying the Elf high definition powered which only costs a few bucks and seems to do the same thing