MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

I have oily combination skin, but my under eye area is dry and suffers from heavy dark circles. I used to use the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer in the little round pot, and while that salmon color and the hydrating properties of this concealer were great, it was too emollient and migrated here and there and taking away my liner and mascara with it. At that time the SA had convinced me to invest in the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting powder, which for some reason so many people love, but I found to be horrible and settle into every line and wrinkle I never knew I had. That powder made my skin look reptilian, and aside from my under eye, I have pretty decent skin. So after searching for a decent under eye setting powder, I found Rouge Bunny Rouge, which is my HG, along with this MUFE powder. I was so loyal to my Rouge Bunny Rouge, I wasn`t willing to buy a full size of MUFE, until I found it in a travel size compact at a Sephora in Europe and that`s how we became acquainted. This is as good as my RBR, and although the price point is comparable, MUFE is more easily accessible in Japan, so I will go and purchase a full size of this soon. It works great with all my concealers, the moisturizing and the drier ones I use in summer, it doesn`t settle into lines or emphasize pores and dryness at all. It is an HG setting powder, especially for mature ladies with under eye issues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It’s amazing for me. It sets my spf and it doesn’t set into lines.

I have bought this many times over the years and it’s my favorite finishing powder. However, I hate this latest packaging, so messy and wastes a lot of product

its nice and very finely milled but too chalky. i like the nars loose powder a lot better. This has a weird smell also.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail face powder! This powder is so finely milled its amazing, and a little bit goes such a long way. When I use this I find my face looks and feels smoother, and it keeps my foundation looking like I just applied it by the end of the night. I really love that this product doesn't make my face look powdered or matte, it gives such a natural finish and doesn't transfer at all.
Another thing that really impressed me with this product is that it truly was translucent, and didn't change the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. It also looks great in photos, and didn't give any white-cast when flash was used.
I originally got this product as a sample and have since purchased it twice, I'd definitely recommend testing it out!

This is an OK finishing powder. It's the most finely milled one I've ever tried, so I'll give it that. But I find this super drying and it also brings out any fine lines and wrinkles on my face and makes it so they're very obvious. A better description might be that when I use this as a finishing powder, I look much, much older. However, you only have to use a little bit of this to set your makeup, so a little goes a long way. If you have very oily skin, this might be for you. If you have any dryness or combination skin, especially if you have any fine lines or wrinkles, stay away from this product. Also, if you are often in photos with flash, don't wear this. It has horrible flash back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There have to be better powders out there. It's fine, but...I'm holding out for something better. Why:

Bad:
This DEFINITELY breaks me out from time to time.
It does accentuate dry skin patches, so make sure you are gooood and moisturized.

The good:
It DOES WORK. I like to pat it into my lines and pores with my ring finger. They literally disappear -- especially my pores.

The whitish cast is real. I actually apply this under my makeup for that reason, to great effect.

This is fine, and I use it because A) I own it, and dammit, I'm gonna use it, and B) it gets the job done. But I think I may try IT Cosmetics next.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For my skin tone (nc30), I think this gives a slight whitish cast. And maybe it's good for occasions but not for everyday since it appears Cakey and makes it obvious that you have makeup on. Had a photo shop like effect (mattifies and blur out) so I am glad I got a sample size version only since I don't think I will use it often. And the packaging makes it hard to pick up product. Not recommended as a daily product or those who like a natural / dewy glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For someone that has very oily skin, this is a HG!!

My skin starts to get oily less than half an hour after washing my face and shiny oily after an hour, but when I used this to set my makeup my face was matte for at least 3 hours + sweating!! I'm not sure if it would stay matte for longer than that as I used it when I was out at a party and I didn't stay long. It however still impressed me because I haven't found a product which kept my oily skin at bay for longer than half an hour. My face was very smooth as well when I used this.

However I didn't give a full 5/5 as I looked slightly pale in photos with this powder on, but it isn't too big of a problem for me.

Basically,
pros:
-keeps oily skin matte. highly recommended for people with oily skin
-makes skin velvety smooth
-product lasts long
-makeup stayed on well
-doesn't break me out
-doesn't feel heavy/make my skin look cakey
cons:
-slightly pricey
-gave a pale complexion