Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or (Gold Shimmer Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or (Gold Shimmer Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

3.7

Borage, St Johnswort, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut, Macadamia ) และ วิตามิน  E

on 3/2/2016 3:47:00 PM

Bought this product because of all the raves on a French reviewers website (Beauté-test).
I really, really do not understand the hype on this product. (Or even the brand, I tried several products). I love using body oil after showering, because I hate using bodylotion, this gives me a sticky and uncomfortable feeling on my skin.
So on to this product:
First of all I hated the smell. I could not find a way to apply this normally to my skin (dry or wet). Sticky feeling, did not absorb at all, etc. I threw it away. Waste of money.

on 2/24/2016 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought a 1.6ml bottle online for only $19. This is a preliminary review.

Right off the bat I can say the product looks beautiful in the bottle. I couldn't wait to put it on. However, it smells...badly. It smells like vegetable oil. I had perfume on my wrists and the smell of this stuff overpowers the perfume. I will definitely put this on first next time.

The product applies pretty easily and isn't oily at all. This definitely can't be used as a moisturizer itself however. It gives a nice moisturizing shine at first but that dries down to a matte so all you are left with is glitter. I was wanting both shine and glitter. If I wanted just glitter I would just mix some with lotion.

I will use this bottle up, but I probably won't buy this again.

edit:// mixing this with coconut oil actually looks really nice on the skin although I still don't see any noticeable glam or shine. Save your money!

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/13/2013 10:33:00 AM

THIS PRODUCT IS ALL HYPE! - Nuxe Company has Horrible Service
-There have been quite a few positive reviews on blogs for Nuxe OR oil and the idea of a multi-use spray on product really appealed to me.
-So, I finally decided to purchase it and picked the mini sample of the original oil as well I was kind of excited so I paid for upgraded shipping.
-Sprayed it and thought, "Ewwww, this smells like cheap suntanning oil with loads of Honey".
-The gold flecks are useless, (nothing showed up, even on paler skin).

-Still wasn't feeling the scent-then skin started burning & itching. I immediately washed it off.
Went onto the Nuxe site to get the instructions for a return, repacked it and sent it back.

-After several emails, I received no response.
-They have not processed my refund (over a month now)
-Did not post my review of the product on their site

There are better products on the market that you could buy at the fraction of the price.
DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY. THEY ARE THIEVES.

I am a big fan of this dry oil.
I use it on my skin, but not my face or hair, when just out of the shower. The oil has a light pleasant fragrance that is not over powering. The shimmer works well with my skin tone (more olive in summer) and the result is a nice subtle glow. Perfect for the evening. I can't wait to take it on holiday with me but am a little concerned about how to pack the glass bottle for travel!

Let's start with the disclaimer - generally I love Nuxe products and have tried a whole lot of them. But this one for me is a total disaster. A waste of money (and hopes). Does not do any of the things it says it does. If I put it on my hair, even the smallest bit, the hair gets the look of never washed, oily and lifeless. If I put it on my skin, it glows unpleasantly, leaves glimmering parts on my clothes, and if the weather is hot, gets like dirt-effect. Oils my palms every time i touch my skin where I've applied it. A big no-no. Still trying to overcome the price and throw it in the trash anyway.

I just got this in the mail and was excited to try it on my already tan summery skin. It goes on beautifully! The dry oil gives a nice soft sheen to the skin while the bronze, gold particles really gives your skin the sexy victoria's secret model glow it deserves. It smells like summer gardens and cocoa butter which I like. I could compare it to the Nars bronzing oil..but I think I like the nuxe better (since it has better ingredients).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this product for about 5 years and keep repurchasing. Good quality non oily shimmer oil. GIves an amazing effect to any skin tone, emphasizes tan on darker skin and creates a glow for lighter all this without the specs of gold looking glittery on skin. Have also been using it on my hair for evening dos, looks just as good. Moisturizes and conditions skin very well without any oily feel, absorbs quickly. Scent is quite unusual and does take time to get used to, to me it smells of stale cocoa powder mixed with rose water. The bottle is nice and would look pretty on any dressing table. The bottle does not leak which makes it easy to carry around and apply when needed. Happy with the product and would definitely repurchase.

on 5/31/2011 3:21:00 PM

This is my summer staple. It gives a gorgeous light shimmering sheen on skin and I also use it on my hair ends. I'm not a fan of the smell, could be better.

on 9/14/2010 2:42:00 AM

This imparts the lovliest glow, but the smell...this awful smell...drives me insane. It a scent you don't mind if you sniff once, but becomes absolutely repulsive at sniff two. Couldn't imagine smelling like this all day, and I'm someone that usually loves coconutty-tropical scents (hawaiin tropic is my favorite). Perhaps its the nuttiness that makes it so bad? It does wonders for enhancing a tan though, which is why I only use it on my legs: makes them look great and they're conveniently located far, far away from my nose.

on 6/4/2010 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this! The original version is my HG product and now i'm the proud owner of this babe aswell! Does everything the original version does and on top of this, it has a lovely golden shimmer. Even though the oil appears to be extremely dark-coloured and shimmery on the package, don't be afraid, it isn't. It doesn't add colour to your skin and the shimmer is actually very subtle. I'm a freak when it comes to products with shimmer cause i detest the "disco ball" look but this one just gives my -tanned- skin a gorgeous golden glow(you might wanna avoid it if you want the shimmer to be actually noticable). I do agree, however, that it might not look as good on very fair skin tones, so try to get a sample of it before purchasing. Also, the scent is much more discreet and warmer comparing to the original one. BUT, i removed 1 lippie cause i just HATE the packaging which is not practical at all. Like another reviewer said, you have to treat it like ketchup and constantly hit the bottom of the bottle with your palm till you get the amount you want. On the original version, the product just flows nicely but this one is just annoying. I wish there was a pump or a spray for this version. Costs 24.5Euro for 50ml (the normal version costs 18.5Euro for 50ml) but it's not that expensive considering that you only need to use a very small amount of product each time. Very happy with it and i'll definately repurchase :)

Popular Body Skincare Products