Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

on 11/17/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My skin is very oily and I need a lot of coverage and this just don't do it. It is also not long wearing and gets oily quite quickly and sinks into the pores. It is at most an okay foundation and not worth the price.

on 8/20/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can understand the mixed reviews. A facial product like foundation is highly personal and result is contingent to so many factors: skin condition and application method to just name a few. Let me just say that I am quite happy with this product. The reason I didn't tick repurchase is because one bottle would last me a lifetime, and I already have two! I have this in 160 and 155. The formula is consistent across both shades: watery with medium, buildable coverage. It does a really good job in evening out your skin tone and that is what you'd want in a day to day look. it feels light on the skin, although once you set it with powder, you tend to feel a subtle tension on your skin. I use a stippling brush in little circular motion to blend the product into my skin. Swiping it across the face with any kind of tool would just create streaking and expose my gigantic pores. Half a pump is what I use for daytime look and a full pump for special ocassion. I do have to cover dark undereye area and acne scars with heavy duty concealer first. I use it with the mauve HD primer and the pro powder (sparingly) for a flawless face finish.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Bought it because of the hype. I do not really like it. Got it in colour 120 Even with primer and good base work, face became oily really fast. Coverage is low to medium, not even able to cover my small pigmentation. Will stick to my high end foundation given that price not much difference.

Asian
NC20-25
Chanel Perfection Lumiere 20
Marc Jacobs Foundation Bisque Light 20
DiorSnow 020

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is around a 3.5 for me. I wanted a foundation for special events where I would need something that was full coverage and photography friendly. Naturally, I chose this one as its claims matched my needs, and being oil-free, it seemed suitable for my oily skin.

This foundation's redeeming quality is that it looked gorgeous in photography. GORGEOUS. It provided full coverage, concealing blemishes and redness and made my skin look photo-shopped - radiant and flawless. Moreover, the shade 120 Soft Sand matches my skin perfectly.

Off-camera? Different story. This product did not live up to its claims of being "invisible"; it was in fact very cakey (I had to layer the foundation to achieve full coverage, causing this effect). It felt greasy on the skin despite being oil-free and hardly contained my oils for more than two hours. After 3-4 hours, it looked even worse as it had separated.

I'd recommend this product to someone with fairly normal skin, as I've heard that it clings to dry patches. I have not heard of the product separating on anyone else, so it's possible that my bottle was part of a bad batch or something.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Last year at my sister's wedding the MA used this on my face.

Now at first I thought it was over-rated but when I looked at the pictures I decided I need to grab a bottle!

The foundation goes on smoothly and is one of the few that looks good in photos for me so it's a keeper.

Pros

- Bottle comes with a pump but I need one and half for proper coverage which I find to be odd.
- It's full coverage so most of the time I don't need a concealer with it.
- I have sensitive skin and this one is very gentle on it so big plus there.
- A subtle satin finish so perfect for that healthy yet expensive look (matte ages, stay with satin!)
- Cooler colours are pretty good, most have them too yellow and I end up needing to mix it to get the right shade for me but here I found the perfect tint for me.

Cons

- It's a bit expensive but the bottle is pretty big so you get your money's worth.
- You NEED a primer with this thing, it doesn't matter how good your skin is, no primer = no foundation after 2 hours. with a primer however it'll last for 8+ hours with me (I take it off after so I'm pretty sure it will last longer if I left it on) I always add a light powder on top of my liquid foundations so not sure if that helps it or not but this is the only one I own that really needs a primer.

on 4/21/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this!

on 3/24/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to try something new, so I went to Sephora to try this out - it looked beautiful when applied and seemed to last most of the day, so I ended up purchasing a bottle. Unfortunately, it broke me out - got a few pimples on my cheeks the second day of using it, which are finally fading now. Otherwise though, it gives a beautiful finish and looks very natural.

Definitely one of my HG foundation for photo shoot or whenever I need more coverage for a long day. I have a normal to dry skin, and my foundation shade equal to MAC NC 20. I use the shade N 115 in this MUFE line and the finishing look is not matte nor dewy, but gives you that kind of natural face where everything is so blended, even and perfect. Goes for more than 12 hours in my face with a little powder on top of my T zone area, it can look a bit cracked or patchy around the nostrils after 15 hours or so. Yes I literally wear this from 4.30 AM, got on plane, did a day tour until 9 PM at night, and I noticed the "crack" around my nose, but that's all, my skin still looks even nonetheless. So definitely worth it IMHO

on 12/12/2014 9:01:00 AM

This foundation only looks good on camera. It looks and feels worse if I try to build it up for more coverage it ends up feel like a mask. It doesn't look natural cakey sometimes patchy and has light to almost medium coverage it doesn't BLUR dark scars/pitted scars nor did it conceal redness. It clings to dry patches and pores look more noticable. After about 2 hours it start to get oily and separate especially on the t-zone and the rest of my dry face looks cakey and patchy. Made my skin look worse it accenuates ever imperfection and caused tiny bumps and breakouts. Only work on smooth skin with little to no discoloration,imperfection or texture. Not good for textured skin,textured acne scarring,redness or face with peach fuzz

on 11/16/2014 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A fantastic medium coverage foundation that is build-able to full. I use this with my beauty blender sponge and the results are flawless. The look is not cakey, in fact it's more dewy and gives good coverage where necessary which is difficult to find in a foundation. Love the packaging and the pump is very hygienic and once you have almost finished the bottle you can easily open it up and use up every last bit of product. Also a good foundation if your having your pictures taken as there is no whitish glare in them due to SPFs etc. Overall one of the best foundations on the market right now.