MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

I really wish this could've been a go-to foundation because the coverage and satin finish were so pretty + its such an affordable foundation. The problem is it causes breakouts! So disappointing.

on 11/17/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My skin is very oily and I need a lot of coverage and this just don't do it. It is also not long wearing and gets oily quite quickly and sinks into the pores. It is at most an okay foundation and not worth the price.

on 4/7/2016 8:48:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have clear skin but this just creates a more smooth canvas for me. Can be built up for more coverage. I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, this does get a little too oily in some parts of my face, but nothing a light touch up of setting powder can't fix. I love this for light every day wear.

on 11/30/2015 8:40:00 PM

Why oh why did they discontinue this product... It was perfectly good!

Great coverage, didn't grease me up and didn't break me out (I have very sensitive, combination, cystic acne prone skin).

One pump goes a very long way. Tip, make sure you MOISTURISE before putting this on because it WILL catch on dry skin. My moisturiser is extremely thick, so I have no trouble getting this to stay nicely on my skin.

My only gripe lies with the shitty cover that comes off whenever I leave it in my makeup pouch. Can't tell you how many times it's stained my pouches.

I'm actually finding myself going online, looking for secondhand bottles of this product!

on 6/27/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would consider this to be a special occasion foundation. Not because of its high price tag or it's HD specialty, but because it's not a good everyday foundation. I don't have very problematic skin at all, but this only lasts a couple of hours with or without primer. Don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful and natural during the first hour or two, but after that it starts breaking up and not looking so fresh. I do appreciate this foundation's (and MUFE really) range of shades that covers all undertones. 117 is my exact shade in the winter, and 120 for the summer. I would save this foundation for the night time during a special occasion, and I know I'm going to be photographed.

on 6/14/2015 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is amazing. It gives a natural look buildable medium coverage. It has a very light formula, makes you feel like there is just a bb cream, not foundation. I wonder why its average rating is so low because i'm in love with it. If you use it with a good makeup base and a transparent powder, you won't be disappointed.

on 5/31/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this and fell in love, however... I then got the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation... That instantly became my favorite in seconds. I prefer a slightly glowy look, and MUFE isn't, it's more satin. Which is fine. But it just makes it slightly less amazing than the GA one. This one isn't as expensive though. It last amazingly on the skin,my makeup still looks on point at the end of the night. Between my eyebrows most foundations break up, this one and the luminous silk don't. Honestly this is just flat out a great foundation. nothing bad to say about the actual foundation however for a high end foundation, I was expecting the packaging to be a lot nicer. For a professional makeup company, it doesn't even come close to the Giorgio Armani one. Now that one looks amazing. I think it would work for all skin types, unlike the GA one. For oily skin I definitely would suggest a matifying primer just so you don't get oily, as I have normal skin (right now) and it is fine on me without anything but powder.

on 5/26/2015 9:25:00 AM

This foundation speaks for itself. It will photograph beautifully in natural lighting but in real life it's just mediocre. I like that the packaging comes with a pump and that the foundation is easy to blend. The coverage is medium, it takes a lot of product for it to be full coverage. I still get oily and the foundation doesn't have great staying power. I would only use this foundation if I knew I was going to be photographed. In my opinion, not worth it for the price. You're better off finding a full coverage foundation that also photographs well.

on 5/18/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is a natural finish and sits well on my dry skin, not clinging to patches or anything. It genuinely looks like my skin.

Good option for natural looking, light-medium coverage.

For color help, my shade in MUFE HD Foundation is Sand, N125, and I'm NW25 in MAC Pro Longwear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is around a 3.5 for me. I wanted a foundation for special events where I would need something that was full coverage and photography friendly. Naturally, I chose this one as its claims matched my needs, and being oil-free, it seemed suitable for my oily skin.

This foundation's redeeming quality is that it looked gorgeous in photography. GORGEOUS. It provided full coverage, concealing blemishes and redness and made my skin look photo-shopped - radiant and flawless. Moreover, the shade 120 Soft Sand matches my skin perfectly.

Off-camera? Different story. This product did not live up to its claims of being "invisible"; it was in fact very cakey (I had to layer the foundation to achieve full coverage, causing this effect). It felt greasy on the skin despite being oil-free and hardly contained my oils for more than two hours. After 3-4 hours, it looked even worse as it had separated.

I'd recommend this product to someone with fairly normal skin, as I've heard that it clings to dry patches. I have not heard of the product separating on anyone else, so it's possible that my bottle was part of a bad batch or something.