MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

on 1/6/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. It makes my face flawless and real HD! It looks natural on my face. This product doesn't make my face chalky. It gives the best result that i love. Unfortunately, i have small bumps on my face after i use this. I'm still trying to find a way to prevents my face from acnes after using it.

on 5/4/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Its pricey at 42$, but it last a good ~4 months even with heavier coverage. The shade N117 matched me perfectly and didn't oxidize at all. The only problem I had was the packaging--you can't see how much you have left so when you run out, its a surprise (and you cant unscrew the top to use up the remainder.) It has build able coverage, so you can either use one layer for a light coverage or a couple (good for covering up acne/scars.) It's a great foundation for acne-prone or combination skin--it doesn't break you out or highlight any dry patches you may have. Now that I've fixed my dry skin issue however, I use a powder foundation. Me and MUFE HD had a good run though, and I recommend it for girls with sensitive skin!

on 5/3/2015 7:03:00 PM

I have give this product a few tries and I'm pretty disappoint with it. After a lot of youtubers recommending this foundation, and claiming it to be full coverage I hope it could cover up my blemishes and redness whilst looking natural. Unfortunately it doesn't look up to my expectation.

This foundation covers up redness pretty well but not as well for acne scars and blemishes. It looks rather cakey on my face, I've tried brushes, fingers and sponges and it still looks foundation sitting on my face. Since it claims that there isn't any SPF in it, I've worn in for my graduation dinner, but for some reason it does not photograph well under flash lights. Though this may be due to the setting powder that I've used.

The worst part of this foundation is it break me out. Every time after using this foundation there will be some huge acne and blemishes on my forehead and chin area, and this does not happen to me with other foundation like the RCMA and Cover FX.

on 4/21/2015 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this!

I see this working for many women, not only online but in real life - on me however, it just doesn't work.

I have tried wearing it in many different ways, alone, with different primers, with setting powders, setting spray and so on, however it still creases and goes patchy and shiny within hours.

The finish is also not great on my skintype - on other women it looks luminous, like their skin is glowing! But on my pale, pinkish skin the sheen that make other women glow just accentuate my pores and make me look slightly greasy - and power doesn't help much, it mattifies for a moment and then I turn into cake face. (may I remind you this is powders that usually work, hence it must be the product)

The biggest reason I disliked it however was because I broke out heavily from using it. Even worse than when I use Studio Fix from MAC (My number 1 enemy when it comes to makeup related acne)

So, from my experience this product is worth 2 stars unfortunately.

on 4/14/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is actually a great foundation, in my opinion, minus one little flaw, it's OILY.

PROS:
Coverage - I love the coverage on this. It's only medium coverage (I prefer medium-full) but it's awesome because it actually hides my enormous pores, which no other foundation has ever done. It's also pretty buildable, and because it's not a dry/matte sort of foundation, it won't ever get cakey, even if you want to touch up with concealer.
Feel - I don't really know how to describe this, so I'm just gonna say it like this: this foundation feels super-light on the skin, but not so much that you don't really that it's there... in a good way? I sometimes feel like if I don't know I have foundation on I'll rub or scratch my face and the makeup will come right off (it happens with eyeliner and lipstick). This prevents that while still being comfortable to wear.
Doesn't Break Me Out - I have horribly acne-prone skin. I can get a pimple just by thinking about it. This foundation is one of the few that don't clog my pores or enlarge them.
Finish - When you just put this on (and I mean, RIGHT after you've put it on), this looks amazing. My skin looks flawless and radiant, almost natural (it's pretty hard for anything to look natural on me TBH). I just wish it stayed that way all day.
Shade Match - This is the ONLY foundation EVER to suit me PERFECTLY. I think it may be that it has such a wide range of shades (it even offers shades for deeper skintones, FINALLY). I use 123 Desert.

CONS:
Lasting Power - If you have oily/combo skin like me, this might not work for you. I take the stairs up to my apartment, and with this on, I'm an oily mess after six flights. Even if I don't take the stairs, it gets oily after about 4 hours, and I really am not a fan of touching up or blotting. If you do have my sort of skin type, I would recommend a good oil-controlling primer. If you have dry skin, BUY THIS, it would look beautiful on you.
Tested on Animals - At least as far as I know. This is a deal-breaker for me, and that's why I wouldn't repurchase.

Overall, while it is pricey, I think this foundation is pretty good. If you're on the fence about this, grab a sample from Sephora.and try it out. For reference, I'm something like NC30-35 (I would use a mixture of both if I ever cared to use MAC products).

on 3/21/2015 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First off I have to say this foundation is hands down the most beautiful foundation I've used in terms of photography. It's natural looking in photos without giving your face a white cast ghost look, which is hard to find when you're very fair and pale skinned as I am. I tried the lightest shade and it matches wonderfully. It is long lasting and a somewhat dewy finish so oil control isn't great which is a downside for an oily girl like me. I did love the foundation with a matte setting powder but here's where the foundation fails for me. I have very sensitive acne prone skin. And this foundation not only caused breakouts but I expereinced deep under skin cysts for the first time. They were hard lumps underneath my skin, and I didn't realize it was this foundation until I stopped using it and they went away. And when I went back to it for a week where I wanted a nice foundation the hard cysts reappeared. So overall it IS a awesome foundation with great color match and staying power. However it's not a good choice if you have oily and/or acne prone skin. Hope this helps other acne girls!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For the quality of this brand I was expecting more. I read reviews on how this foundation covered well, but It didn't do that for me at all. It was not worth it for almost forty dollars. After a few hours of wearing it made my skin oily and greasy looking. The color worked great with my skin tone. I don't think this foundation is worth the big bucks.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This product gives me an amazing, radiant look. It is full coverage, easy to use, not drying... I REALLY want to love this liquid foundation.

But this breaks me out, for sure! Every time my acne starts clearing, I use this product because I like the way it makes my skin look, and then the next day, I have a full face of painful cysts and pimples. I've done this to my face about 4 times now and had this foundation for 2 months. Of course, every one's face is different, so maybe try a sample first to see how your face reacts.

on 12/31/2014 11:13:00 AM

Edit: After using this with a beauty blender I find that this product is amazing, and now it has been discontinued! :(

I have had this for less than a week and plan on returning. It made my face so greasy after just a few hours. It does look okay in a picture but in real life it looks pretty crappy and it did not cover my red marks from acne very well. I will be going back to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.