MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

on 6/7/2018 7:50:00 AM

Great foundation! I wore this foundation in the colour Y205 for 10+ hours today at work! It held up beautifully and did not get patchy over time. I only had to powder once which is amazing considering I do get oily around my t-zone often. y205 is the perfect colour for extra pale girls like me and doesn’t oxadise at all.

Really impressed and would buy again!

Everyone raves about this foundation even those who have similar skin types to mine. But if I use this for a day or two it starts to break me out so bad! Like that deep cystic type of acne. I spent a solid amount of money and this and couldnt even use it for more than two days :( sucks

on 3/28/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is a disappointment. I’m eternally grateful that I received this item as a gift and that I didn’t shell out nearly sixty bucks because I’d be really bitter! I’m really not sure how this is a HD foundation. The coverage is very sheer, regardless of whether you apply it with a sponge or a brush. I did notice that there was a bit more coverage when I applied it with my fingers. On the plus side, the finish is very natural. But with so little coverage, I may as well slap on a sheer pigmented BB cream.
That being said, it IS buildable if you put in a bit of time for the application. My beef with that is: why spend so much damn money for something that takes so much time? I really feel as though you’re paying for the name more than for the product here. Truth be told, I prefer my L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte or my Garnier BB Cream when I’m going for a more natural look.
One nice thing: I love the neat pump dispenser and the glass bottle.

UPDATE 3/30/2017: So I added an extra lippy... I applied this with my new Real Technique's foundation sponge and it makes a HUGE difference. A small amount went a very long way in terms of coverage and my skin looks great. I think the issue with this product is that the formula has a slippery texture, therefore a brush simply moves it around and a too-stiff sponge just won't press it in properly.
That being said, I'm not 100% sold on the price point but I do have a newfound love for this foundation!

on 4/7/2016 8:48:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have clear skin but this just creates a more smooth canvas for me. Can be built up for more coverage. I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, this does get a little too oily in some parts of my face, but nothing a light touch up of setting powder can't fix. I love this for light every day wear.

on 11/30/2015 8:40:00 PM

Why oh why did they discontinue this product... It was perfectly good!

Great coverage, didn't grease me up and didn't break me out (I have very sensitive, combination, cystic acne prone skin).

One pump goes a very long way. Tip, make sure you MOISTURISE before putting this on because it WILL catch on dry skin. My moisturiser is extremely thick, so I have no trouble getting this to stay nicely on my skin.

My only gripe lies with the shitty cover that comes off whenever I leave it in my makeup pouch. Can't tell you how many times it's stained my pouches.

I'm actually finding myself going online, looking for secondhand bottles of this product!

on 10/21/2015 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First foundation ever that matched my skin tone. I live in Asia but i strangely have this pink based skin tone instead of the "normal" yellow. It's been a struggle for me to find the perfect match, considering oxidation and humidity can change how it will make u look. I don't want to change to other brand and i hope they keep on producing this.

on 8/20/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can understand the mixed reviews. A facial product like foundation is highly personal and result is contingent to so many factors: skin condition and application method to just name a few. Let me just say that I am quite happy with this product. The reason I didn't tick repurchase is because one bottle would last me a lifetime, and I already have two! I have this in 160 and 155. The formula is consistent across both shades: watery with medium, buildable coverage. It does a really good job in evening out your skin tone and that is what you'd want in a day to day look. it feels light on the skin, although once you set it with powder, you tend to feel a subtle tension on your skin. I use a stippling brush in little circular motion to blend the product into my skin. Swiping it across the face with any kind of tool would just create streaking and expose my gigantic pores. Half a pump is what I use for daytime look and a full pump for special ocassion. I do have to cover dark undereye area and acne scars with heavy duty concealer first. I use it with the mauve HD primer and the pro powder (sparingly) for a flawless face finish.

on 7/7/2015 1:24:00 AM

*** I'm on my 3rd bottle.
I keep on running back to this foundation. I feel like it is smooth to apply on my face, I would consider this a medium coverage. Definitely use a MOISTURIZER, let it sit, then use a PRIMER after (I use Veil primer by Hourglass). Take a sigma 180 brush or a real techniques expert foundation brush and apply the foundation. Your face will look and feel flawless. Not only it looks wonders on photograph but I also like the fact that my face does NOT feel heavy. I own Double Wear foundation by Estee Lauder, VitaLumier by Chanel, and Forever by Dior, but I ALWAYS end up running back to MakeUpForever HD foundation. I'm not saying that the other foundations are not good, I just gravitate more to MakeUpForever for a quick set ....

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the only MUFE product I don't really like at all. Coverage is light to medium despite its name, and the undertones are all kind of pinky. It broke me out too.

on 7/3/2015 2:45:00 AM

This foundation is very light, and the coverage is medium.
I tried to apply it using a brush but it didn't work, the consistency is different that any I used before, only works when applied by fingers. It gives your skin a beautiful glow, which lasts the entire day. I have an oily skin and this is the only foundation that lasts that long and looks very good at the end of the day.