Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

I really wish this could've been a go-to foundation because the coverage and satin finish were so pretty + its such an affordable foundation. The problem is it causes breakouts! So disappointing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This isn’t discontinued...I just bought it at Sephora last week.

on 12/26/2017 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This foundation was good, it blends well, looks really natural on the skin, and has a beautiful finish. If you’re really dry it’s important to use a good moisturizer or it will cling to dry patches.

on 6/29/2015 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This foundation is absolutely perfect for my skin. I have dry to dehydrated skin which I can mostly keep under control with Hydraluron and moisturizer, but can get dry patches. This foundation applies flawlessly, and doesn't stick to any of these dry patches, and doesn't dehydrate me like some foundations can. It doesn't crease in my expression lines (ie. wrinkles), and gives me a beautiful satin finish. It glows from within. I get so many compliments from people when I wear this foundation. This is a totally new experience for me. After struggling with cystic acne for 10+ years, I'm just finished a low dose Accutane treatment and my skin is finally clear. This makeup covers my mild acne scarring beautifully and gives me a flawless finish. Love love love. I only need 2 small pumps of this liquid formula to give me the coverage I need. It lasts all day. Holy grail foundation for sure.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It took me two years and a few YouTube videos to understand how to make this foundation work for my dry skin. I apply a tiny bit with my fingers right after a good layer of heavy-duty moisturizer and I sheer it out as much as I can. The result is flawless and long lasting but it's quite a bit of work. Since a little goes a long way, the bottle will last me forever. The formula hasn't changed over years of using it just once in a while. I doubt I'll need to repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

covers scars!

on 5/31/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this and fell in love, however... I then got the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation... That instantly became my favorite in seconds. I prefer a slightly glowy look, and MUFE isn't, it's more satin. Which is fine. But it just makes it slightly less amazing than the GA one. This one isn't as expensive though. It last amazingly on the skin,my makeup still looks on point at the end of the night. Between my eyebrows most foundations break up, this one and the luminous silk don't. Honestly this is just flat out a great foundation. nothing bad to say about the actual foundation however for a high end foundation, I was expecting the packaging to be a lot nicer. For a professional makeup company, it doesn't even come close to the Giorgio Armani one. Now that one looks amazing. I think it would work for all skin types, unlike the GA one. For oily skin I definitely would suggest a matifying primer just so you don't get oily, as I have normal skin (right now) and it is fine on me without anything but powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really found this just ok. it applies very watery. it was .light but coverage. its annoying because i have no idea what shade i bought because theres no indication on the bottle. the one i got was verrry orange though. it was nice and lightweight though.

Edit: I realise that at the bottom of the bottle it says N123. so i think I got this in the shade desert.

on 5/18/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is a natural finish and sits well on my dry skin, not clinging to patches or anything. It genuinely looks like my skin.

Good option for natural looking, light-medium coverage.

For color help, my shade in MUFE HD Foundation is Sand, N125, and I'm NW25 in MAC Pro Longwear.

on 5/13/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wore this foundation for about a month in a dry climate during the winter. I have dry skin with some sensitivities, and this is one of the few foundations that does not contain the ingredient that ticks my skin off, so I had high hopes!

...that were promptly demolished.

Shade 117 was a decent match for my skin, but within a few hours of wearing it, I noticed it would begin to get a wee bit worse for wear. And eventually, full on grease. This was after experimenting with application methods: fingers only, primer (Laura Mercier Hydrating), no primer, brush, Beautyblender, powder under ("Goss method"), powder over--all a bust and would yield the same results, though the Goss method did hold it off for about a half hour longer.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why this was happening. I experimented with other moisturizers (at the time, I was using CeraVe in the tub)--so I tried a few oils and a few other things to no avail. Until I came upon a description on the Sephora website about an added moisturizer in the product, which I suspect is the culprit for this effect. I know several other Reddit users with dry skin on /r/makeupaddiction had similar experiences to this too.

Overall, it didn't work for me and I suspect it may be too moisturizing for oily or combo skin folk, so I'm not particularly sure who this is being marketed towards at this point. This being said, your mileage may vary and you might enjoy it. Here's my take away on it:

Pro:

- No SPF! (no flashback; most foundation doesn't carry enough SPF to give you adequate protection in any case)
- Wide variety of color options available
- No tocopherol
- Did not emphasize dry flakes, even in a cold climate (North Midwest USA) during winter

Con:

- Gives a greasy appearance instead of luminous
- Begins to show wear and tear a few hours in