Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wish this could've been a go-to foundation because the coverage and satin finish were so pretty + its such an affordable foundation. The problem is it causes breakouts! So disappointing.

on 6/7/2018 7:50:00 AM

Great foundation! I wore this foundation in the colour Y205 for 10+ hours today at work! It held up beautifully and did not get patchy over time. I only had to powder once which is amazing considering I do get oily around my t-zone often. y205 is the perfect colour for extra pale girls like me and doesn’t oxadise at all.

Really impressed and would buy again!

Everyone raves about this foundation even those who have similar skin types to mine. But if I use this for a day or two it starts to break me out so bad! Like that deep cystic type of acne. I spent a solid amount of money and this and couldnt even use it for more than two days :( sucks

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm NC15 and the shade Y215 is a good match. This is a pretty natural looking foundation that's sheer-medium in coverage. I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and set with Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder on the corresponding velour puff. It lasts most of the day without getting too shiny. The best part is that it doesn't highlight my textural issues or dry spots. I gave it a 4/5 because I like a bit more coverage but this is great for days I want to just throw something on as it's so easy to work with. I've used both Smashbox's Primerizer and Olay Complete Sensitive Skin SPF 15 underneath and both have worked well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This isn’t discontinued...I just bought it at Sephora last week.

on 12/26/2017 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This foundation was good, it blends well, looks really natural on the skin, and has a beautiful finish. If you’re really dry it’s important to use a good moisturizer or it will cling to dry patches.

on 3/28/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is a disappointment. I’m eternally grateful that I received this item as a gift and that I didn’t shell out nearly sixty bucks because I’d be really bitter! I’m really not sure how this is a HD foundation. The coverage is very sheer, regardless of whether you apply it with a sponge or a brush. I did notice that there was a bit more coverage when I applied it with my fingers. On the plus side, the finish is very natural. But with so little coverage, I may as well slap on a sheer pigmented BB cream.
That being said, it IS buildable if you put in a bit of time for the application. My beef with that is: why spend so much damn money for something that takes so much time? I really feel as though you’re paying for the name more than for the product here. Truth be told, I prefer my L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte or my Garnier BB Cream when I’m going for a more natural look.
One nice thing: I love the neat pump dispenser and the glass bottle.

UPDATE 3/30/2017: So I added an extra lippy... I applied this with my new Real Technique's foundation sponge and it makes a HUGE difference. A small amount went a very long way in terms of coverage and my skin looks great. I think the issue with this product is that the formula has a slippery texture, therefore a brush simply moves it around and a too-stiff sponge just won't press it in properly.
That being said, I'm not 100% sold on the price point but I do have a newfound love for this foundation!

on 11/17/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My skin is very oily and I need a lot of coverage and this just don't do it. It is also not long wearing and gets oily quite quickly and sinks into the pores. It is at most an okay foundation and not worth the price.

on 4/7/2016 8:48:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have clear skin but this just creates a more smooth canvas for me. Can be built up for more coverage. I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, this does get a little too oily in some parts of my face, but nothing a light touch up of setting powder can't fix. I love this for light every day wear.

on 1/6/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. It makes my face flawless and real HD! It looks natural on my face. This product doesn't make my face chalky. It gives the best result that i love. Unfortunately, i have small bumps on my face after i use this. I'm still trying to find a way to prevents my face from acnes after using it.