Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/28/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is a disappointment. I’m eternally grateful that I received this item as a gift and that I didn’t shell out nearly sixty bucks because I’d be really bitter! I’m really not sure how this is a HD foundation. The coverage is very sheer, regardless of whether you apply it with a sponge or a brush. I did notice that there was a bit more coverage when I applied it with my fingers. On the plus side, the finish is very natural. But with so little coverage, I may as well slap on a sheer pigmented BB cream.
That being said, it IS buildable if you put in a bit of time for the application. My beef with that is: why spend so much damn money for something that takes so much time? I really feel as though you’re paying for the name more than for the product here. Truth be told, I prefer my L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte or my Garnier BB Cream when I’m going for a more natural look.
One nice thing: I love the neat pump dispenser and the glass bottle.

UPDATE 3/30/2017: So I added an extra lippy... I applied this with my new Real Technique's foundation sponge and it makes a HUGE difference. A small amount went a very long way in terms of coverage and my skin looks great. I think the issue with this product is that the formula has a slippery texture, therefore a brush simply moves it around and a too-stiff sponge just won't press it in properly.
That being said, I'm not 100% sold on the price point but I do have a newfound love for this foundation!

on 11/17/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My skin is very oily and I need a lot of coverage and this just don't do it. It is also not long wearing and gets oily quite quickly and sinks into the pores. It is at most an okay foundation and not worth the price.

on 4/7/2016 8:48:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have clear skin but this just creates a more smooth canvas for me. Can be built up for more coverage. I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, this does get a little too oily in some parts of my face, but nothing a light touch up of setting powder can't fix. I love this for light every day wear.

on 1/6/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. It makes my face flawless and real HD! It looks natural on my face. This product doesn't make my face chalky. It gives the best result that i love. Unfortunately, i have small bumps on my face after i use this. I'm still trying to find a way to prevents my face from acnes after using it.

on 11/30/2015 8:40:00 PM

Why oh why did they discontinue this product... It was perfectly good!

Great coverage, didn't grease me up and didn't break me out (I have very sensitive, combination, cystic acne prone skin).

One pump goes a very long way. Tip, make sure you MOISTURISE before putting this on because it WILL catch on dry skin. My moisturiser is extremely thick, so I have no trouble getting this to stay nicely on my skin.

My only gripe lies with the shitty cover that comes off whenever I leave it in my makeup pouch. Can't tell you how many times it's stained my pouches.

I'm actually finding myself going online, looking for secondhand bottles of this product!

on 10/21/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First foundation ever that matched my skin tone. I live in Asia but i strangely have this pink based skin tone instead of the "normal" yellow. It's been a struggle for me to find the perfect match, considering oxidation and humidity can change how it will make u look. I don't want to change to other brand and i hope they keep on producing this.

on 8/31/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible foundation, I have normal / Clear skin so after reading rave reviews about this foundation I had high expectations.... I was so disappointed, this foundation has terrible coverage, didn't last, went blotchy and definitely not HD camera ready at all!!

on 8/20/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can understand the mixed reviews. A facial product like foundation is highly personal and result is contingent to so many factors: skin condition and application method to just name a few. Let me just say that I am quite happy with this product. The reason I didn't tick repurchase is because one bottle would last me a lifetime, and I already have two! I have this in 160 and 155. The formula is consistent across both shades: watery with medium, buildable coverage. It does a really good job in evening out your skin tone and that is what you'd want in a day to day look. it feels light on the skin, although once you set it with powder, you tend to feel a subtle tension on your skin. I use a stippling brush in little circular motion to blend the product into my skin. Swiping it across the face with any kind of tool would just create streaking and expose my gigantic pores. Half a pump is what I use for daytime look and a full pump for special ocassion. I do have to cover dark undereye area and acne scars with heavy duty concealer first. I use it with the mauve HD primer and the pro powder (sparingly) for a flawless face finish.

on 8/20/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*This product is not discontinued in Europe*
This is HORRIBLE! The most horrible thing I have ever put on my face. I got cystic pimples, spots, zits... My face was ruined. It took more than a month to recover. My skin is still a bit bumpy and I never react to products. Please use with caution.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this foundation, simply because it feel so light on my face. It doesn't feel like I have makeup on at ll. I wish it covered a little better, but you cant have it both ways I guess. It is light, and blends very well on your face. I do have to spend a little more on extra bottles, but it is my ll time favorite foundation. The price is higher but it is worth it. It seems like it is healthier for your skin as well. I have blackheads and little pimples, and since I have been using it, it seems like they are improving. Im doing a lot of things to improve my skin, so its hard to say if this is helping. I used to use makeup by It cosmetics, but it was smothering my skin, and causing my complexion m ore issues. It was too thick. If you wasnt something light, this is the perfect foundation.