BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product has been renamed Brightening Concealer but it is same product as Erase Paste. The Medium shade is a great corrector for dark circles (it is a peachy pink) while still looking natural and not weird like a lot of salmony/peachy correctors can. I apply with a damp beauty blender and it is flawless. Very moisturizing and great on my dry, mature skin. I've repurchased several times. I learned about this product from EmilyNoel83 on YT and she has swatches on her channel.

Not the best concealer ever, but it covers dark circles well when applied before your "regular" concealer. Careful with the application, as you only need a tiny bit of product.

on 11/11/2016 9:08:00 AM

Bit of background. I have horrible, hereditary dark circles and bags (from early teens onwards) and have tried everything under the sun to try and counteract my darkness (hiding the bags is less easy to do, but am finding ways to disguise them a bit).

First off, I am light to light/medium skin tone and I use the Erase Paste in medium (which I think is best for those with dark blue/purple shadows) and I use it as a corrector. This is important as the medium works really well as this. I have used the Bobbi Brown corrector (was ok, but found it could be drying and didn't stay in place or covered as much as I needed) and other heavy duty concealers to try and knock out the blue/purple/grey under my eyes and this is the only thing that works to counteract that. I use a very small amount and push it into my dark areas (inner eye and troughs) and this brightens and counteracts my darkness. I pat it with my finger or with my BB and then pat concealer (currently the hourglass stick concealer which is amazing) over the top and it lasts all day! It's. It drying and so far it's the best combination I've found. Anyone with dark circles please please try this (and in medium!).

One of the very best concealers for covering dark circles and there are not many products like it. It has just enough of a peachy color to color correct and brighten, it is very emollient and moisturizing and easy to blend without being greasy or settling into fine lines, and it is full coverage without being cakey. This concealer really is not meant to be a general full face concealer, or even to fully cover the undereye area; it's only meant to be used in the inner corners of the eyes where there are shadows or discoloration, and a little on the outer corner where there are shadows. A little goes a long way. You can stop there and it will look great, but it is usually best to cover it with a non-peach thinner liquid concealer that is slightly lighter than your skin tone to highlight and blend, and finally set with loose powder. It can also be used on the corners of the nose where there are shadows, and covered with a concealer that matches your skin tone, but I would only suggest using in this area if you have dry skin because it is very emollient. People might be confused and disappointed with this product if they use it as a general concealer, apply it across the entire under eye area, or use too much of it. But if used properly there is nothing better for fully covering dark circles while looking completely natural.

This is a wonderful dark circle neutralizer. I have considerably dark circles (kind of red / purple) and I have tried the Erase Paste (in fair and medium) and Bobbi Brown corrector (in bisque). Both are quite similar, the biggest difference is in consistence / texture. While the Bobbi Brown Corrector is a bit more difficult to spread, the Erase Paste is smoother, pasty and spreads easily, it's more emolient and for my dry under eye area it's better than the Bobbi Brown one. The Shade Bisque (BB) and Medium (Benefit) are dupes. You don't need much of this product, a little definitely goes a loooong way. It's a pasty product, so obviouly it's gonna crease (especially if you apply too much) and you have to set it with powder. For my skin tone (MAC NC10, NC15) I can get away using the shade Fair alone. If I use the shade Medium, I need to mix it with a light concealer because alone it does look pink / salmon. Bear in mind that these correctors are REALLY pigmented, so apply only a little bit and only where your dark circles are, avoid the area right under your eyes where the fine lines are, that's where it's gonna crease and emphasize wrinkles.

I don't think it's a good product for people with oily under eye area because it's quite creamy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased this to use it as a colour corrector beneath makeup but unfortunately it's just too thick! It is very pigmented yes but it has such a moist slip to it that it's almost impossible to layer anything on top of it (let alone concealer or setting powder) Will not be repurchasing.

on 1/30/2016 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product really does get rid of my dark bluish circles. It's heavy and rather greasy at first, but it blends easily and when set with powder, lasts all day. I do use a rich eye cream first and then a mattifying primer and then I use a small amount of Erase Paste in the inner corner of my eye and then a small amount directly on the dark circle, blending outward. The orangey tint of the corrector isn't noticeable because the bluish tint of the circles gives it a flesh tone once it's blended. Erase Paste really does hide my hereditary circles, something I've been trying to accomplish for years. I've tried so many correctors and conceals it isn't even funny and either they're too orange and are very obvious and when I apply a nude conceal on top, they sink into my fine lines and become cakey or if I only use a flesh tone concealer, it does nothing to neutralize the bluish discoloration. I had just about given up but I read the good reviews for Erase Paste and, "sigh" decided to give it one more try. And I'm so glad I did. I set it with a light dusting of either Urban Decay Naked Loose powder or Rimmel Stay Matte (just a very light dusting with a very large fluffy powder brush) and I'm good to go all day with no creasing or cakiness. The circles really do disappear. It's truly amazing. The consistency of the corrector is a little heavy and greasy and it's very blendable if you use a rich eye cream and then a primer underneath. I have somewhat oily skin and have no problem getting it to cooperate. I apply foundation first and then Erase Paste and then powder and this routine seems to work just fine. This is the first concealer in all the years that I've searched that's actually worked. So it gets five lippies from me. It will also last a very long time. I don't think it's too terribly expensive, given what I've spent on others of this type. I do have other Benefit products that I like and I'm happy to add another one. I definitely recommend Erase Paste if you have dark bluish circles. It will certainly make them much less noticeable. However, you may have to experiment somewhat with the application. But once you get it down, you will really like it, I promise.

So first thing you gotta do is throw out that stupid little spatula it comes with. Then you're in business, here. I put this stuff on the back of my hand and warm it up, then I apply a very thin layer under my eyes as a corrector, then I follow up with a more yellow-toned concealer. It looks fab. Best thing I've found so far for my dark circles.

Update: It's so freaking thick, you guys. I can't get it to fix my eyebags without such crazy creasing. Gahhh.

My first high end makeup product that I ever purchased. I can't really use this anywhere else but under my eyes, and it does okay there. The coverage is amazing for my dark circles, and i can wear this and mascara and that would be okay for my makeup. However, this creases a lot and wears out fast. I've used eyeshadow primer with it, ud setting spray, and various application methods, but it still creases. The best method that i've found is using an eyeshadow primer, putting the concealer on, putting a liquid concealer on, and setting it with powder on a damp beautyblender, and then putting foundation over it. I use it every day, and I purchased this in fall 2015 and I still have most of it left. It has the best coverage of all the drugstore concealers I've tried, and has really helped in my makeup process. If only I could get it not to crease...

on 6/24/2016 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Not too sure about this product, I read lots of great reviews but I find it a little too thick even when I just use a tiny tiny amount I still find it creases