China Glaze Blue Sparrow (Uploaded by oceanmist27)

3.4

62%
would repurchase
3.8/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Mar/23/2013

the color is very transparent and the brush does not allow it to go on well. This has very pretty shimmer in the bottle. But you can barely see it on the nail.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

Nov/05/2012

It says (neon) on the bottle, and it's pretty true, but it's actually pretty dark for a neon. Yes, it dries slightly matte, but I use Seche Vite topcoat 99% of the time so that negates that issue for me. Slightly opaque cerulean blue with a medium blue and shiny, tiny glitters. I'm not in love, but I do really like it.

China Glaze polishes are great. Color selection …

About reviewer (296 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

Jul/16/2012

This formula is awful. First of all, it isn't even a neon, it's just a plain bright blue with shimmer flecks. This polish dries very quickly but gets gloopy when you apply another coat. It honestly felt like spreading a clay mask across my nail. AWFUL!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

Mar/30/2012

I love the color, but the polish is so unbelievably SHEER that it takes forever to get it right. I'm sure there are dupes that are more opaque.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

Jan/13/2012

I'm convinced this shade looks so gorgeous in photos because of bright sunlight or flash. I bought it and it just looked like a blah plain neon medium blue. The pretty micro glitter and electric blue color I saw in online photos was so muted. Even with top coat I still didn't like it. It's probably the only polish I've ever really hated.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

3.0

Jun/28/2011

As others have said it NEEDS a topcoat and so many coats (or a color to layer over) to be the bottle color but it looks great once you get it right. I was disapointed that it was so thin and matte at first because i believe you dont need to use top coat if the nailpolish is good to start with. I didnt have any clear polish with me when i first tried this so i ended up hating my nails till i did …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

Jun/12/2011

Beautiful electric darkish blue polish with light blue micro-glitters. yes, it does dry matte and can be disheartening to view at first application, but after a good topcoat (which i do anyways) all is forgiven and it's a truly impressive color. slight chipping after a few days but good wear overall. you do kind of need a lot of coats to get rid of visible nail line, i just do one coat of a …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

May/11/2011

I love how the color looks in the bottle! When I painted it on my nails, it looked a bit matte and took about 4 coats to get opaque. I wish the formula didn't suck soo much!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

Sep/20/2010

Love this color, but I love anything blue. Was a bit put off by the matte finish, but TC application made this polish pop. Would purchase again.

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

Sep/05/2010

GREAT color, awesome because it dries instantly but looks quite matte. Adding 2 generous top coats makes this color ridiculously good lookin' P! It's really bright and beautiful! Hard to remove, but so easy to apply because of the quick drying time.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm