The Body Shop Almond Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment (click pen)

The Body Shop Almond Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment (click pen)

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Lanolin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Beeswax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Silica Silylate, Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Horsetail (Equisetum Hiemale) Extract, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, 3-Hydroxybenzoic Acid, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Coumarin

I picked this up solely for the convenience factor of being able to carry cuticle oil with me for frequent application as I tend to neglect this part of my nails. I much prefer almond oil in a squeeze dropper or nail polish style bottle because it smells nicer and is more effective than this one from TBS. However, the ease of application while on the go in this twist pen is a huge selling feature for me. The silicone end tip for pushing back cuticles is useless and didn't factor into my decision to purchase this at all. I wish I could find a reloadable twist pen applicator to pour preferred oil into instead. Having said that, although this isn't the best cuticle treatment I've used, I do use it more often which was my goal and I will purchase again.

on 10/6/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would purchase this again purely due to the packaging which makes it so easy to use and is ideal for the formula. Product comes as a click pen, which you rotate and the cuticle oil is pushed through the brush tip, which I apply directly onto my cuticles.
The product itself is fine - less greasy and messy than lemony flutter by lush but less moisturising from memory. I find it quite quick to absorb. Scent is fine - only noticeable when my hands are near my face. Definitely not the best value for money when you consider $/ml - but the convenience of the pen makes it a winner.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/18/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the best cuticle oil Ive tried. But its so expensive for what you get. It does not perform miracles. My cuticles became softer with this on but I think I will just use regular oil instead.

on 10/17/2014 9:15:00 AM

does the job... kinda. im not sure if this made a difference to my really dry cuticles overall at all but i liked the convenience of the packaging. it does somewhat relieve dryness in a pimch when I'm out and about... and it does smell amazing. price wise... i think we can do a lot better... it really isn't a lot of product for the nzd19 i paid for it. don't know the exact price, but remembered gawking when it said 1.8ml. unsure if i will repurchase. certainly wont be my go to product.

on 6/17/2014 3:08:00 AM

I bought this because my nails are dry and this product seem to be the answer since I'm not really look after my nails but in the same time I always whine when my nails area goes very dry.

The packaging is simple and make it very easy to use, and I can easily carry it anywhere and wear it anytime. I loved this product at first, but once I'm not using it for one or a couple day my nails area goes drier than before. That's why after that I'm using it just on the weekend until it's run out so my nails won't get dried after I run out of this product.

on 6/10/2014 10:02:00 AM

This product really absorbs into my cuticles and made it so soft and 'normal' after being so dry for a long time! This is one of those life changing products for me

I have tried this out a few times as I know someone who used to work for the body shop. The cuticle pusher is a bit spongey but firm and it is easy to push cuticles back and actually doesnt hurt! So much better than those wooden orange sticks or plastic ones! Love the almond oil that nourishes your nails too quite soothing. I think this is a unique product. I have seriously considered buying this but couldnt justify it as I already have body butters and lip balms that would be good for my nails and I already have a habit of pushing my cuticles back and its not that cheap but I do think it is a very good unique product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finished mine now. My cuticles were very dry and the skin cracked a lot. My nails were always breaking. I was using sometimes 2 times per day, and It helped a lot. The skin is so much better. Also the nails are stronger, but Im sure is because of another product that I also used (Mavala).
The package is very nice to use, except the end cap that is not well fixed and is not very useful for correcting the cuticles. And also gives me the feeling that there is some product still left, that I cant reach.
It smells great!!! But is also very oily, not immediately absorbed.
The price is expensive for the size, but at least I now it is efficient.
Im sure there are better products in the market, but this one is already good.

on 7/12/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Delivery is good. But this is not a wonder product, I wanted softer cuticles, flexible nails. And I don't think it does that..... A miss from me. X

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, this is really expensive for the amount you get! But I'm really getting into taking care of my cuticles and hands, but the usual oil I use is in a nail polish bottle and is not very portable. I wanted something I could take along and whip out should I need to. Handy having a soft cuticle pusher on the end too; I have short stumpy nails so I need to push the cuticles back daily to give the illusion of longer nails. Great product, bad price.

Popular Treatments